Thursday 22 September 2016

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie: Game Boy

Hello crafty friends!

A special warm welcome to Fit Kitty, MaryH and Megan J, my newest followers - I'm so happy to have you here!

Today I'm delighted to share my first post as part of the DT for
If You Give A Crafter A Cookie.


Every two weeks we are given a fantastic cookie photo to spark our imagination and this is the current one:


I immediately thought of my teenage nephew, Callum, who loves his computer games, and his birthday is this week, so I made my card especially for him.

The generous sponsors for this challenges are:

and


My card was placed in Top 3 at Unicorn Challenge.


Here is my card:


I used an image from one of our sponsors,  Bugaboo, which you can find here
It was coloured with Spectrum Noir markers. The papers are from the Wildflower paper pad by Trim Craft. I matted each layer with black card for some extra definition. The banner is the largest of the Cheery Lynn Pierced Banner dies and the frame for the image was made using two of the Cottage Cutz Stitched Rectangle dies. I built up the frame by glueing together card and paper and edged it in black ink. The sentiment is die cut and mounted on black card which was 'bumped' above and below to give a shadow effect (and this also made it sturdier and easier to read).
The image in its frame was popped onto foam pads, whilst the sentiment overlapped the picture frame and needed foam dots to support it on the side.



Now it's over to you. The challenge runs until 5th October.  Please pop over to the 
If You Give A Crafter A Cookie
challenge blog to check out the lovely designs by the rest of the DT. 

We would love for you to take part in the challenge!

Ohhh...and don't forget to add yourself to the draw for my blog candy. 
You can find out how HERE.


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Lets Create #117 - Spots or Stripes 2/10
Die Cuttin Divas #284 - Happy Birthday 25/9
Unicorn Challenge #13 - Happy Birthday 30/9   TOP 3
Digistamps4joy #128 - AG with colour twist 30/9
Love To Scrap #86 AG 2/10
Love To Craft #2 AG 30/9
Just Keep On Creating September AG 30/9

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.