Wednesday 26 July 2017

* Gecko Galz: July Samples

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today I'm showing my July Gecko Galz samples.

This month our Customer Challenge  is A Mermaid's Garden and so my first cards are on that theme:



 I made a shaped card using a large die and black card. I chose a beautiful image from the Pretty Mermaids collage set - I love the iridescent-look of the image and added some gold embossing powder to bring this out. I rounded the corners of the image and adhered it to patterned paper from the In Marble Halls Paper Pack. Some black card,die cut leaves and flowers were added and a jumbo pearl.

Here is the inside:



My next card uses a vintage digital stamp (SS47) from the Splish Splash stamp set:



 I feel that there is a story behind this image, but I am unaware of what it is. I coloured the image with marker pens and added plenty sparkle with a Quickie pen and iridescent glitter. I matted the image on black card and used patterned paper from the La Isla Bonita Paper Pack as a background. This was layered onto black and then green paper and added to a card base. Some green sparkly trim was adhered beneath the image and three crystal gems at the top right side.

 This image shows the sparkle a little better:



My next project is a card featuring a silhouette image (SO6) from the Charming Silhouettes Stamp Set:



Again I made a shaped card out of black card. I chose a silhouette stamp, printed it out and dried it with a heat tool. I then inked it with a blending tool and distress inks. Once it was dry I clear heat embossed it to give it some shine. I matted it onto black card and then onto patterned paper from the La Isla Bonita Paper Pack. Die cut foliage and flowers were added along with some crystal gems. I decorated the inside too:

 

My final project is a small collage:



I had my eye on this beautiful image of a woman from the Deco Art collage set. I decided to put together a collage and so set about finding some green Gecko Galz images (some were from the La Boheme Digital Kit and some from the Parisian Garden Digital Kit). The background paper is from the Gatsby Paper Pack - I distressed and inked the edges and layered it onto ivory card which was also distressed and inked. I started by placing some raffia ribbon across the paper and added some cream cotton lace. 
The images were fussy cut and the edges inked with Vintage Photo distress ink. I shaped the flowers with a stylus and foam pad and added a small pearl in the centre of each. The butterflies were also shaped and just the centres glued down. The words are from the Charming Words collage set. Green and ivory ribbons were tied around the binder ring clips.

   Pretty Mermaids                      In Marble Halls                           Splish Splash

     

La Isla Bonita                  Charming Silhouettes                     Deco Art

      

Gatsby                           Charming Words

  

I hope you'll join our 'In A Mermaid's Garden' challenge. 
The winner gets a whopping $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.

 

The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies, so check back through the blog and also look at the freebies on the Pinterest page, or of course you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month. Just so you know, each Wednesday the store has a one buck sale on selected items - if you sign up for the newsletter you'll get a reminder in your inbox!

Please hop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT. 

We also have a Private Facebook Group where there are 5 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. Come and join us!

I'll be back on the 1st August with more Gecko Galz projects.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Mermaid
Crafting From The Heart #169 AG 30/07
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1730 AG 30/07
TTCRD AG w/c 25July 31/07
Try it on Tuesday Let It Shine 01/08 TOP 5
Artistic Inspirations #184 AG 06/08

Silhouette
Crafty Gals Corner #133 AG 01/08 TOP 3
Crafty Creations #346 AG 01/08 WINNER
City Crafter #372 Something beginning with S (Silhouette) 01/08
Kraftin Kimmie AG  02/08
Creative Moments #123 AG 07/08


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.