Monday 6 August 2018

* Vera Lane Studio: Succulents


Hello!

Have you noticed that succulent plants are very popular at the moment?
I've always loved them and marvel at their adaptations and ability to thrive without much water. Their beautiful, often colourful, blossoms are simply amazing!

Why am I rambling on about succulents?
Today at Vera Lane Studio, we have a new digi set release. It's called Succulents and consists of 9 gorgeous plants in pots and 3 sentiments.

I have two DT makes with the new set and this card is my first one:


At our house, we call this succulent 'Bunny's Ears', for obvious reasons! I coloured the image with Copic Markers and gave it some white Posca pen highlights. I fussy cut it to leave a thin white border and popped it on foam tape onto a gelli print background. I cut one of the sentiments into strips and glued them directly onto the background, then made sketchy lines with a black fineliner pen all around.
I made a gelli print using Dylusions Fresh Lime paint and DoCrafts Lagoon acrylic paint. I added some text stamping in black to the edges and some splatter marks using a Grunge Background stamp from Viva Decor in Broken China Distress Oxide. Some polka dot washi tape grounds my plant pot and tiny, torn strips are arranged around the edges. Finally I inked the background with Black Soot Distress Oxide and matted it onto some teal card before attaching to the 6 x 6 inch card base.


My second project is a mini canvas:



I chose the same colour palette for this, but this time brayered the paint lightly onto the canvas. Some Tim Holtz melange tissue was torn and adhered to the side edges of the canvas, then gessoed over to knock back the black print. I added some distress oxide stamping in Peeled Paint DO and some texture paste through a stencil, colouring the texture paste with Black Soot DO for the section along the bottom section of the canvas - some Stampendous multi crystal glitter mix was scattered over the wet texture paste to add a bit of sparkle. A PaperArtsy foliage stamp (EM31) was stamped along the top portion of the canvas.
Striped washi tape was added for the plant pots to sit upon. The images were coloured with Copics, fussy cut and adhered onto the canvas background. Finally, I inked around the canvas edges with Black Soot distress oxide.



Here they are both together:



Succulents




That's all from me for today.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. 
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Card
Jo's Scrapshack #245 AG 10/08
PIP Challenges #1831 AG 12/08
A Bit More Time to Craft #73 AG 14/08
Cards in Envy Something New 19/08
Craft Rocket #51 AG 28/08 (2)
Creates and Makes #23 AG 27/08 (3)
Crafting with an Attitude #42 AG 31/08
Crafting by Designs AG 04/09

Mini Canvas
Always Fun Challenges #70 Let it Sparkle 12/08
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #87 AG 18/08
Love 2 Create #11 AG Mixed Media
613 Avenue Create #212 AG 31/08
Angie's Digital Stamps #23 Anything but a card 31/08 TOP 3

More Mixed Media AG 31/08
Crafters Castle #8 AG 01/09


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.