Thursday 14 March 2019

* Cats on a Branch


Hello!

I've been getting messy with Inkylicious stamps and ink again!

Here is my latest creation:



I do love the background. I used this technique last week and was pleased with the result, so I thought I would try it with different colours - I have a passion for greens! Brushos pigment powders in Turquoise, Leaf Green and Yellow were placed into separate wells on a palette and water was added to make paint. For each colour I used a paintbrush to splatter the individual colours, drying each colour inbetween applications. When the card was coloured to my liking and dry, I inked around the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. I added a moon using a circular stencil and blending black ink around the outside. It doesn't show up too well as the background is too busy for this subtle shading. 
Next I heat embossed the main branch, then added the cats from the Cats on a Branch stamp set. This made me laugh because one of the cats is levitating ever so slightly and the other is sitting on just one cheek! You can tell this was the first time I've used this stamp set! Next, I added the heat embossed sentiment called Some Moments (isn't this a wonderful sentiment!) and stamped some Olive Branches all around the edges. 
I matted the card onto black, gold, green and black card and attached it to a 6 x 6 inch card base.

That's all for today!

Thanks for stopping by.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Dream Valley #197 Four Legged Friends 16/03
*Always Fun #101 Shades of Green 17/03 TOP 3

Double Trouble #23 Green 18/03 TOP 3

Penny's Challenges #421 AG 19/03
*Crafty Cardmaker #229 Make It Green 24/03 WINNER

Crafty Creations #386 AG 28/03
Ellibelle's Corner Spring/Green 31/03 
Corrosive Challenges #3 AG 31/03
Pile It On #152 Favourite Colour 31/03 TOP PICK

Creative Inspirations Spring Greens 31/03 TOP 3

Heart2Heart Green 31/03 TOP 3


SUYP #40 Green 01/04



****

18 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card I just love the background you have created. Those stamps are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeoussssssss Carole fab background
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love that you gave us some directions. I will have to try this technique. Your background is stunning and I love the silhouettes. Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Crafty Creations Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is just gorgeous! I would also levitate off my branch if I was sitting in front of such a wonderful background lol
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background and love the silhouette of the kitties and great sentiment. Thanks for sharing your technique for your background and I do see the outline of the moon, and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and don't forget to share your project with our partner this challenge, Heart2Heart, meeting their requirement too. (see link on our challenge post). Please come back to join us for future fun challenges and partners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card and the background you have created is perfect for our Spring Greens challenge. Thanks for sharing at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's a fabulous background - I love it! Beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I love it! The colours are great! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Love your background that you created!! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning card! I love it
    Thanks for playing along with us!
    Ana Isabel Owner and DT Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your background,it makes a striking card thanks again for joining us here at Penny's challenge Lyn DT x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome background and I love those cute cat silhouettes ;o))) Thank you for joining our "Make it Green" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely design. Great background and cat silhouettes. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another amazing design Carole. Love the silhouette kitties and wonderful background!
    Thank you so much for joining in again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about Spring or Something Green!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  16. WoW ! That is really gorgeous. Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges. =^..^=
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Outstanding card! As a cat lover, this is especially beautiful to me. I especially like the way you showed the moon. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.