It's my Guest DT post day at AALL & Create and today I am sharing a card that reminds me of warmer weather.
As we have had our shortest day, I am now looking forward to summer and some sunshine! That's wishful thinking at the moment, but we need our dreams!
I made this cute card, bursting with sunshine citrus colours, to cheer us up.
Janet Klein designed this #416 Be Beautiful stamp set. I added the bee hive from Tracy Evans' #330 Honeybee stamp set.
These chubby little bees make me smile!
I love how the background shows through the beehive which was coloured with Inktense pencils and a water brush.
How I made the card:
1. I applied Distress Oxides to the #116 Tres Fiori stencil, spritzed it with water, turned it over and used it as a stamp. You can get 2 or 3 prints from this one inked up stencil.
2. I used the #374 Reverse Hexagons stamp to add some background stamping in Fossilised Amber. I also used the same stamp and black ink to edge parts of the card. I used one of the #404 Visual Ingredients stamps as well in black.
3. I stamped the girl and the 3 bees and sentiment, using Memento ink, from stamp set #416 Be Beautiful. I coloured with Copics and Polychromo pencils and fussy cut the elements. They were glued in place on the background
4. Next I stamped the beehive, from stamp set #330 Honeybee, directly onto the background card. I used Inktense pencils and a water brush to fill the hive with colour - what I like about this is that it lets the background show through.
5. The images were adhered to the background - the girl was grounded with #4 washi tape
6. Finally the edges of the background were inked with a blending brush and Fossilised Amber and then the edges were inked in black.
7. I mounted the background onto black, then yellow, then black card and placed it on a white card blank
#330 Honeybee - Tracy Evans
#374 Reverse Hexagons - Autour de Mwa
#404 Visual Ingredients - Janet Klein
#416 Be beautiful - Janet Klein
#116 Tres Fiori - Janet Klein
#4 Autour de Mwa
To see the stamps, stencils and dies used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.
You'll find lots of inspiration on the
That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
I'd like to play along in these challenges: