Saturday 22 February 2020

* Watercoloured Florals


Hello!

It's another wet and windy Saturday, so I've stayed indoors and been trying out some new stamps by Rubber Dance

They are the Loose Florals Set 1


I stamped the floral images onto watercolour card and coloured them in my favourite colour with my Cotman watercolours. I fussy cut them, leaving a thin white border.
The background is on mixed media card - it was first given a coating of white gesso, then torn book pages were added. I applied some Crackle Texture Paste through a That's Crafty Bubble Leaves stencil and when it was dry began to add colour to the background. More white gesso was applied to knock back some of the colour and when that was dry, I stamped some Grungy Borders and some words from the Mix A Sentiment stamp set. I also added some Distress Oxide dots from the new Textured Birds set.



I arranged the flowers and leaves and loosely glued them to the background. I used my finger to add black acrylic paint around the edges of the background for a grungy look and finished with white paint splatters.

The sentiment is a sticker from Tim Holtz's Small Talk pack.

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo

                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Lavinia World Challenges #20 AG Real Stamps 24/02
Addicted to Stamps #377 Make Your Mark 25/02
Take It Make It Feb AG 26/02 WINNER
Love to Craft #43 AG 28/02
Mix It Up #34 AG with Stencilling 28/02 TOP PICK
Dream Valley #219 Hand Coloured Images (3/3) 29/02 TOP 3

Tuesday Throwdown #451 Favourite Colour (pinks) 2/03 TOP 3

My Time to Craft #426 Rubber Stamp 05/03

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it on the Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful textures and colors! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mixed media card is gorgeous and has so many interesting elements. This is a technique I just haven't mastered yet, but yours is one of the neatest ones I've seen in awhile. You make it look easy!! And the added flower images are just the right touch! Simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown1

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Carole!!! I love it so so much. It's so inspiring. What an amazing background, and the colourcombination is just brilliant. Thank you so much for making such wonderful art with my stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! this looks amazing. The colours are fab and I love the texture. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful mixed media project! Love all the bright colors and all the details! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lavinia World Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your FAB stamped mixed media card with us at MTTC! Wonderful! Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so gorgeous love all the texture along with the stamping. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, this is BEAUTIFUL; I love the colors and all the textures from your mixed media!!!

    Thank you for joining us at Mix It Up Challenge Blog!
    ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really LOVE your project! I've seen it on FB, so this will be my second time of commenting on it :) Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge, xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on winning the challenge at Craft Stamper with your gorgeous card! How exiting! A GD slot at the blog and a to page publication in the magazine:) Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.