Wednesday 24 February 2016

Tag: Animals and Insects


So... I've seen some blogs where a project is entered for several challenges. I thought I might try this for a change today.

Here's the tag I made using snippets of left over card.


Tag background: Balzer Designs 'stick flowers' stencil, Inkylicious ink dusters, Memento inks. When the background was inked, I splashed some water, let it sit, then dabbed it up with tissue to create the water stain effect. I inked the reverse of the stencil, sprayed with water, then stamped and brayered it onto the non-inked part of the background. 


Images: These Inkilicious Twinchie bee stamps (I think these are now discontinued) were heat embossed with Black Sparkle powder onto scraps of white card.  Bee body was coloured with watercolour pencils, and wings with crystal glitter. They were fussy cut and attached to tag with pop dots.

Flower: Prima flowers with inked edges and black crystal gem. Leaves cut from white card with Spellbinders Foliage dies, coloured with distress ink and shaped. Pearl stamen and natural fibres attached.

The back of the tag was covered in book paper, aged with distress ink and stamped with a flourish stamp from Inkylicious Elements 1 set.
The challenges I am entering are:
Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge  Week 7 - Animals and Insects

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic looking Spring tag and I love the back just as much as the front! Thanks for skipping along to the Snippets Playground. Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarn. I enjoyed making this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole! Welcome to the Snippets Playground! Of course you can enter most things just so long as you use at least one snippet - and this tag is perfect!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I like this - I do like bees!
    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment, Tinz. x

      Delete
  5. Love your tag, so pretty and that bee is beautifully cut, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy - I find fussy cutting very therapeutic. x

      Delete
  6. wow this is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag! Love the texture and detail! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag - love all the detail.

    Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.