Tuesday 23 August 2016

Romantic Gift Bag & Tag

Hello and welcome to my latest follower, Carla!

Today I made a tag and a bag which, I feel, have a lovely romantic theme.

I love the colour washed flowers and have included a link to the blog where I discovered this technique.


I won DT Favourite at Crafting From the Heart with this project!

and 3rd place at Crafting Musketeers


TAG: I die cut the largest tag from the X-Cut tag collection. I used Trim Craft 'Wildflower' paper for the background and inked the edges with Memento Rose Bud ink.

 

The images are from Gecko Galz's  'Pretty in Pink Jewels' collage sheet . The lady image was cut and left as a domino rectangle whilst the cherry blossom image was fussy cut. I mounted the lady image on foam pads to give some dimension and glued the blossom to overlap it.




Rosebud ribbon was adhered down the left hand side of the tag. I used a hand held punch to die cut two butterflies from pink and white glitter paper and stuck these together just in the centre, so that they were 3D. I made some flowers from die cuts, colour washed and shaped them, and added small ivory pearls to the centres. 

Colour washing has become my new favourite technique and I found it here on Kittie Kraft's blog. 

A 'Love' charm was adhered to the side of the main image.


Light pink organza ribbon was threaded through the tag. I made a bow and stuck this at the top along with a few short strands of pink pearls.


BAG: Really I only altered/decorated this bag, as it is a shop bought craft bag from The Works - they are sold in sets of 4.



 I cut a piece of the Wildflower paper to 3 inches by 4 inches and adhered this to the front of the bag. Rosebud ribbon was attached to the top and bottom edge. The image again is from Gecko Galz's 'Pretty in Pink Jewels' collage sheet. She was surrounded with pink pearls and die cut flowers which had been colour washed and shaped. A bow and pearl strands were added and a 3D butterfly. I wrapped doubled ribbon around the handle and added a butterfly made from two die cuts which were glued together back to back.


Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Unstampabelles Challenges Challenge 60 - Anything but a card


Gecko Galz Facebook Challenge August - Tag



Crafty Boots Challenges Anything but a Card

Crafting From The Heart #124 - AG


Altered Eclectics August Challenge

Crafters Cafe - Bling


Crafting Musketeers Challenge 40 _Anything but a Card


Lunagirl Moonbeams August - AG


Things To Alter August - AG





I'd really love some feedback :)      I read and appreciate all your comments. 
To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).


Thanks x
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.