Monday 27 March 2017

Vera Lane Studio: Tinker Sisters & Love The Bones Of You

Hello!

This last week I had 'issues' with my laptop, so I'm apologising for not commenting on some of your blogs - all is back to normal now, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up.


Today I'm sharing another DT project for Vera Lane Studio.

Again this week we are celebrating Vera Lane's 'Dark Corner'. Pop over to the shop to check out the creepy-cute Dark Corner characters.  Today sees the release of 2 new Dark Corner sets: 

                    Tinker Sisters         Zombie Accessory Pack 
          

My first make features the Tinker Sisters - two weird, but wonderful zombie fairies (is there such a thing?) Actually, in a funny way - these two reming me of my sister and I - that's wrong ... very wrong, but there it is!


I made a journal page using Brushos and paint splatters for the starry background. The sisters were coloured and fussy cut, then glued directly onto the page. The sentiment is one of two which comes with the set. The border is from Vera's Border Set.


My second make features elements from the new Zombie Accessory Set. So many elements in this set makes it extremely good value; there is a gravestone, a creepy hand, a skull, a happy fly trap and three sentiments - they can be mixed and matched in so many ways with other Dark Corner sets.


 I know my make is not very 'dark' as that is not my style, I've gone more for creepy-cute! In this one I like the idea of the faithful dog at his master's grave.
The background is a gelli print. All elements were coloured with alcohol markers and fussy cut. Carlos (the dog) is from the Hayes and Carlos set. The sentiment is computer generated apart from the word 'bones' which I found on Google images (here).

Here are the sets I used in this week's creations:

      
Vera's Borders


I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Gals Corner Challenges Anything but a Card 28/03
Inspiration Destination Challenge #124 AG 29/03
Love2create #6 AG Mixed Media 01/04 (16/04)
Corrosive Challenges #3 AG 02/04


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.