Monday 12 August 2019

* Vera Lane Studio: Mer-cat and Bear Bookmarks


Hello and Happy Monday!

This is my second post today. The first can be seen here.

Today is my DT day for Vera Lane Studio and I have two bookmarks to show. The swap this month has the theme of 'All Creatures Great and Small' and we are making bookmarks. Here are mine:


For the first bookmark I used the mer-cat from Land and Sea Cats which was released last week. I chose to use Catfish, the mer-cat and I teamed her with seaweed, starfish and shells from Under The Ocean and rocks from Seahorse and Octopus.


I coloured the images with Copic markers and I added some white highlights. The mer-cats tail and scales have Stickles for some shimmer. The background is brayered acrylic paints with stamping and heat embossing and some white paint splatters. The edges of the bookmark were inked with black archival ink and all was matted onto black card.


The second bookmark features the baby bear from The Three Bears set. I've given him some trees from Lil' Red and Big Bad and a snail from Snail's Pace. The images are coloured with Copics and the background is brayered paints.


Little bear and the trees have white Posca pen highlights and the background has black and white paint splatters.



Land and Sea Cats                 Seahorse andd Octopus


The Three Bears            Snail's Pace
 

Other sets used:
Under The Sea            Lil' Red and Big Bad
(both sets available on request from Janet & Etsy)
  

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #111 AG 17/08
Pammies Inky inkies #1932 AG 18/08 Honourable Mention

Dream Valley #207 Hand Coloured Image 24/08
Daisy Chain Challenge #33 Summer 26/08
Cassic Design Team Challenge #8 AG 28/08
Corrosive Challenges #8 AG 31/08
Dare 2 B Artzy Aug AG 31/08
Get Creative #83 AG 01/09 WINNER




***

10 comments:

  1. Hi Carole these bookmarks are gorgeous I love them all. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty bookmarks! The one with the bear is especially cute, but then the quirky mer-cat is fun too. Love your work Carole.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images and bookmarks! I really like your highlighting with the white marker - it adds so much! Thank you for joining our challenge at PIP Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bookmarks! I love all the bright colors! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet little bookmarks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous backgrounds and love the stamps.Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so adore your darling tags! hugs, Zowie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fab bookmarks! Great images and gorgeous backgrounds. Thanks for sharing with us at Get Creative Challenge blog.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable bookmarks Carole. I love the images and colours that you used.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #111. Hope to see you again soon.
    Lou DT xo

    JemLou Productions

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.