Monday 3 February 2020

* Path of Positivity: You're Beary Special


Hello!

Happy Monday!

Today is the start of a new Path of Positivity challenge.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of Adoration.
Each of us is better for the people in our lives, so we are asking that this month you create a project that shows how much you care for someone who holds a significant place in your life.

Prizes this month include:
  • $10 AU gift certificate from Beccy's Place, our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Please remember in order to be eligible for the prizes your project must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way. 


So - who do I adore?
Well, that's an easy question ... family members are the most important people in my world. I only have quite a small family now, but I treasure time spent with them. My sister is my best, best friend and is always there whenever I need her. She is the kindest person I know, generous with her time and patience, always there to listen and advise, and she will always go out of her way to help in any way she can. I love her very much and should tell her that more often!


I was lucky to receive an image from our guest sponsor, Beccy's Place and here is the card I created:



This is Loving Stanley. Isn't he adorable! I coloured him with Copic markers and fussy cut him, leaving a narrow white border. The background was made by sprinkling Sunset Beach Infusions over a Melina Dahl stencil - I love the burst of colour and the walnut stain particles. I inked around the edge of the background with Fired Brick and Picked Raspberry and finished with black archival ink. I added some stamping and some white paint splatters.
I decided to pop the image of Stanley onto a greyboard heart. I gave it a coat of white acrylic paint, brayered some Fired Brick and Picked Raspberry inks, stamped some text and added white paint splatters. Stanley was popped on top of the heart, along with the sentiment, also from Beccy's Place.



Many thanks to Beccy's Place, this month's guest sponsor,

and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #77 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a Path of Positivity mid-month project in two weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo

                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

 * Crafting Happiness #34 Hearts 09/02
Pammies Inky Pinkies 2005 10/02
• World Wide Open DT Challenge AG 12/02
A Bit More Time to Craft #109 AG 13/02
Make My Monday #115 I Heart You 16/02
Use Your Stuff #391 Critters 16/02
• Dragonfly Dreams (2) It's a Love thing 27/02
A Perfect Time to Craft #23AG 27/02
Cassic Design Challenge #2 AG 27/02
Get Creative #88 Use Hearts 29/02
Dare 2 Ba Atzy (2) Love is in The Air 29/02
Love to Scrap #130 (2) Pink/Red = Love 28/02
Beccy's Challenges Feb AG 29/02

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

17 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous card. That bear is so cute and coloured so beautifully. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card and I'm sure your sister is going to enjoy it! The background is gorgeous! I'm with you, my sister is such an important part of my life! Can't imagine what my life would have been like without her in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mixed media card is fabulous Carole, what a labour of love! The background is awesome, I agree that the pops of walnut look fantastic against all the different shades of pink. The stenciled pattern adds so much texture too. I love the big heart, the little hints of text are great. You did a great job colouring the image, I really like the stippling technique you chose, it makes Stanley look cute and curly!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Carole. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Wendy DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic background! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Joy DT



    Joyfully Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colourful background Carole and love your little Bear..
    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little cutie bear card! Love your coloring and the background is great! Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday and hope you join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe this is so beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stanley is so cute. Your card is adorable. Nice coloring and I love that background!!Thanks for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Barbara DT member for { World Wide Open Design Team Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favourite bear images. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative this month for our Hearts Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great background, adorable and nicely colored image...super cute card. Don't forget we are partnering with Use Your Stuff and you have met our requirement at Double Trouble "Again and Again" to repeat an item on your project and option twist a critter. Our link can be found on their challenge site. Please pop on by for this challenge and future fun challenges with Thing 1, 2 and 3.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet! Thanks for playing along at Crafting Happiness Challenges last week. Hope you'll come join the fun again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Carole! I love that background that you made. So glad you have a good connection with your sister. I don't have a sister, but I have a friend who is as good as a sister.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  14. a bear sweet card!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany
    Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.