Saturday 1 February 2020

* Gecko Galz: The Age of Aquarius


Hello!

A new month brings a new challenge at Gecko Galz.
This month the theme is The Age of Aquarius and I was inspired by the song by 5th Dimension and the hippie way of life in the late 60s and 70s.
The Age of Aquarius is all about harmony, understanding, sympathy, trust, mystic crystals and revelations. We are currently in the Age of Pisces and, according to Song Facts, the next Age of Aquarius will be in 2448, so I very much doubt any of us will be around to witness it! 

I've had this papier mâché, 3D word sitting on my shelf in my craft room for as long as I can remember, so I thought this was the perfect time to use it!


I gave it a coating of That's Crafty Surface Paint in Bronze and printed out both sheets from the Age of Aquarius collage set. I set to, fussy cutting the images that I liked the most, and saved some of the background pieces as fillers. I inked the edges of the cut images and used Matt Medium gel to stick them onto the cardboard. I tried not to have any straight edges and, when I was happy with the arrangement, I applied Matt Medium over the top of the images to offer some protection and to make sure all the edges were glued down securely. I added Stickles Diamond Glitter to the images.

Here are some close ups: 
 



I hope you'll join our Age of Aquarius Challenge where the Winner will get a 
$25 shopping spree 
at the Gecko Galz shop.

  

The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the weekly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a Private Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize
Do come and join us!



I'll be back on the 20th with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

A Gem Of A Challenge #3 AG 10/02
A Bit More Time to Craft #109 AG 13/02 WINNER

Creatalicious Challenges #180 AG 13/02
Crafty Friends #128 Love/Romance 13/02
A Perfect Time To Craft #2 AG 27/01
Classic Design Challenge #2 AG 27/02
Love to Craft #43 AG 28/02
Crafters Castle #26 28/02

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow Carole this is a stunning project. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool 3D project Carole. I am curious what printer you have that the matte medium on top of the images did not cause any running colors?
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica - I use an everyday HP Envy inkjet printer. A light brushing of Matt Medium for the first coat and ,when dry, a second coat prevented any damage from running colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Stars, Carole, y'all are all on fire this month at GG! Wooden words are so 60's-70s!! Total time traveling, love it! Beautifully made, as always. Your work is stellar and inspiring! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has come together beautifully!
    Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
    Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!
    Jackie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great project....I love the LOVE and would make a great focal image in any room!!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Tantalaya “craftwithte”
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win at A Bit More Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic project.Love the design and stunning bright colors .Thank you for joining us ta A GEM OF A CHALLENGE
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative! Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of
    luck with your entry.

    Kelly DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogs
    pot.com.au/


    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful creation!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional hearts” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Kreativtanten)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.