Monday 10 June 2024

Gecko Galz: Signs of Summer


 Hello

It's June and we have a new customer challenge over at the Gecko Galz blog.  

The theme this month is Signs of Summer..

As always, we also have the monthly card challeng.ethe monthly Christmas Image Challenge, the monthly Stamp Challenge, an ATC challenge, a Steampunk challenge and a Gothic Challenge on the blog, as well as 4 Facebook challenges. These can be accessed by the tabs at the top of the main blog pageWe also have the new quarterly challenge.
We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

The winner of the Customer challenge will get a $25 Gecko Galz Etsy Store voucher and the runner up a $12 voucher. There are plenty of free Gecko Galz images if you don't already own any. Each blog post has a free image to collect and, if you sign up for the monthly newsletter, there is the chance to claim a free collage set each month.  Also if you make any purchase of $2 or more you receive a free image.

***

Here is what I made as inspiration for the Customer Challenge. 
It's a Tag Booklet:


I cut tags from cream card and used a brayer and PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paints to  colour them. The paint was vibrant and needed toning down, so I stamped a wavy pattern with Versamark and used white embossing powder. Once the tags were constructed into a booklet, I used the Good Vibrations ATC set for the background images and fussy cut images from the Sweet Summer Days collage set for the focal images. I added gold sticker borders around the background images. I typed and printed some summer sentiments and cut them into strips to add to each page.

Here is the front cover:


And this is the back cover:


The first two pages:


The middle pages:


And the last pages:


And here is the tag booklet opened up:


Preparation

1. Cut Tags.
2. Brayer paint.
3. Heat Emboss to tone colours down.
4. Ink around edges of each tag in black ink
5. Bind tags together to form the booklet (painted strips of paper).
6. Add ribbon for the tie mechanism under the front and back covers.
7. Decorate with chosen images.




***
I also made a wall hanging:


I enlarged images from the Beachy Jewel It collage set and mounted them onto drink mats which have a textured wood background. I distressed the edges of the images and inked in Vintage Photo ink. I made two copies of each image and fussy cut elements from the second images to add on foam tape, making each tile 3-D. I used a crop-a-dile to punch holes in the mats and threaded twine and wooden beads


***
A set of note cards:


I used images from Beachy Jewel It and Beach Signs collage sets.. Some elements are decoupaged to make the images three dimension. I inked the background mats in Distress Oxides and popped them onto white cards.



***

And finally, two digital scrapbook pages using the Summer Sweeties collage set:



***
That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Signs of Summer challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month.

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a bespoke digital prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back in July with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Signs of Summer"
Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

3 comments:

  1. fantastic and great projects looks beautiful Carole.........gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tag booklet, Carole can you tell me what size is the tag that you used please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lois.
      I used the largest Tim Holtz tag die from Sizzix (it measures 3 and 1/8 inch by 6 and 1/4 inch) then I cut 1 inch from the bottom, so my tag measures just over 3 inches wide by 5 and a 1/4 inches length. You can use any size you like - the result would be the same. xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.