Wednesday 14 September 2016

{PIN}spirational: Mouse and Cupcake

Hello crafty friends!

It's another fine September day here in the NW of England. We had some thunderstorms yesterday, so now the air has cleared and it's warm and sunny. We need to enjoy it while it lasts!

Today I'm happy to be sharing my first post as part of the DT for 

Each challenge runs for two weeks and has a photo jto spark your inspiration.
There are just a few rules and these can be found on the sidebar of the {PIN}spirational blog. Any project is welcome as long as it is inspired by the photo.

Here is the photo for the current challenge #174 which runs until 26th September:


How adorable is this little mouse? And the cupcake looks soooo delicious!

The sponsor for this challenge is Limited Runs Digital Stamps
Thank you Nikki for your generosity!

  

I decided to use the current sketch, #15, from Paper Play Sketches as the layout for my card.

 

Here is what I made using Mouse 'n' Huge Cupcake:


I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir markers, blending out the colour on the mouse, as the one in the photo is very blonde. I added some glitter beads to the cupcake frosting.  The image was fussy cut leaving a thin white border.


The glittered papers are from Deco Time. I mounted the background paper on black card, then  die cut rectangles using a stitched rectangle die from Cottage Cutz. The centre banner was popped up on foam pads to give some dimension, as was the image and it's rectangle.


The sentiment is a Little Claire Design dinkie - it was stamped onto a small tag which was  die cut from the XCut tag set.

Please pop over to the 
blog to check out the designs by the rest of the DT. 

We would love for you to take part in the challenge!

Don't forget to add yourself to the draw for my blog candy. 
You can find out how HERE.


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Paper Play Sketches Sketch 15

Everybody Art Challenge #380 AG  19/9
Crafting from the Heart Challenge #127 AG  18/9
Craft Your Passion #329 AG 18/9
Sparkle 'N' Sprinkle Creative Challenges September AG: Use loose glitter 29/9
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends #41 AG 17/9
Sunday Stamps #135 Happy Colours 23/9

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.