Monday 5 September 2016

Sunflower Sprite: GDT for Crafty Boots

Hello crafty friends!



Today I'm delighted to be sharing a card I made as Guest DT for Crafty Boots Challenges.


The theme is "You are my Sunshine" and you can make any project you like - it doesn't have to be a card, using whatever materials and supplies you prefer.  
The challenge is open until 12 noon GMT on 11th Sept.
I hope that you'll join in the fun!

I was Challenge Winner at Come and Get It and I got a Top 3 Award at Crafting With an Attitude                           


  

Also I was Designer's Choice at Cute as A Button.


I used the beautiful Sunflower Sprite from Aurora Wings.


I coloured the sprite with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, then fussy cut him leaving a thin white border. He is mounted on foam pads onto a Spellbinders Label which has been inked in Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. The die was left in place whilst the inking was done and this left a crisp white border.



The background paper is from Trim Craft. It has a thin yellow ribbon wound around twice on the left hand side with some paper flowers and foliage. The flowers were made with a Heartfelt Creations Majestic Blooms Die; they were colour washed in Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade, then shaped and a grey pearl was added to the centre of each one. The foliage is from the Sweet Dixie Pretty Petals die set and was colour washed in Bamboo Leaves and Crushed Olive. Natural dried flowers from Anna Marie Designs were added too.



A small X-Cut tag has the Tim Holtz's chitchat words 'you are my',  and the word 'Sunshine' was die cut 4 times and glued one on top of each other, and inked in Mustard Seed.



I'd like to thank the Crafty Boots team for asking me to be guest designer this week. It really is a great honour! 

Please hop over to the Craft Boots blog to see all the other wonderful DT creations and entries. It would be lovely to see your 'take' on this theme!   

Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to hear any comments you have!


xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Great Impressions September - AG (ends 31/9)
Crafting with an Attitude #19 September - AG (ends 25/9) 
Imagine That #8 Easy as 1, 2, 3 (ends 30/9)
Scrapbook Stamp Society #99 AG with option of handmade flowers (ends 11/9)
Cafty Awesomness September - AG (ends 30 Sept)
Creatalicious Challenges #98 - AG (ends 24/9)
Cute as Button challenge #26 - AG (ends 29/9)
Digistamps4joy #128 - AG and Colour Twist (ends 30/9)
Doodle Pantry #21 = Anything Digital Goes (ends 25/9)
Petal Lu Challenge #21 - AG (ends 25/9)
The Sisters Of Craft September - AG (ends 30 Sept)
Come and Get It Challenge Flowers (ends 10/9) 
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #41 AG (ends 17/9)
Corrosive Challenges #9 September - AG (ends 30/9)
Scrappers Delights #59 AG (ends 30/9)


I'd really love some feedback :)      I read and appreciate all your comments. 
To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.