Monday 31 July 2017

* Vera Lane Studio: Cats on the Block Pop-Up Card

Hello Friends!


I'm here again to share another DT post for Vera Lane Studio

Last week saw the release of Cats on the Block which is part of the VLS Planner Prop series. These are perfect for making paper clips and bookmarks, as they come in pairs, flipped horizontally, so they can be placed back to back. The thicker black lines also help with aligning the two images. 
Of course, you can make cards, ATCs and journals with these images too.

I made two mini pop-up cards. The size of my image is twinchie sized (2 inches square) and the overall card is trinchie sized (three inches square).



For the background, I used snippets of card which had Distress Oxide inks applied. The twinchies were cut with a scalloped square die. This was adhered onto a trinchie scalloped  square. The cat images were coloured and fussy cut and glued directly onto the background. A chit chat sticker and a gel heart were added.



To make the pop up, I cut a strip of white card (3 inches by 6 inches) and folded it in half. On the fold, I measured to find the middle half inch, then used a steel ruler and a craft knife to cut parallel lines away from the fold to a length of 1.25 inches (Please note: the measurements will vary, depending on the size of the image you use) The cut section is now folded inwards and creased with a bone folder. Add some glue to the front of the pop-up strip and adhere the image. The pop-up will fold down when the card shuts. Glue the white card to the back of the kraft card. 



Cats on the Block



I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! 
You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #62 AG 04/08
Pixies Snippets Playground #291/292 AG with Snippets 05/08

Dream Valley Challenges #160 AG 11/08
Colour Crazy Challenge #30 AG 11/08
Ooh La La Creations #234 AG 12/08


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.