Monday 24 July 2017

Vera Lane Studio: Frida and Blooms

Hello Friends!


I'm here today to share my DT post for Vera Lane Studio. Continuing with the July theme of Blossoms, I made a card and two tags featuring some of the Vera Lane blooms.

Here is my card featuring Frida from the Coyoacan set.



 It was anniversary of Frida Kahlo's birthday on the 6th July (she was born 110 years ago) and there have been lots of celebrations. The one that caught my eye was the attempt to set a Guinness World Record for the number of people dressing up as Frida. The 'Frida Fest' was held at the Dallas Museum of Art and I would have loved to have been there! Hundreds of men, women and children turned up. Here is a link to the news with photos and a time lapse video of the participants: Frida Fest: Set a Record.

My little card is in honour of Frida! 
She's not dressed in her traditional colours, but I think she suits them :)
She is coloured in marker pens and fussy cut. The blooms are from the same set and I arranged them in an arch before printing. Individual blooms were coloured, shaped and layered on top of the arch of roses. Tiny gold crystal gems were placed in the centre of each flower. The background was made with Brusho powders, spritzed with water. Washi tape was used to 'ground' Frida.


Next I have a couple of tags featuring the Doodle Garden blooms:


I used watercolour card and applied' Brea Reese glitter ink in Ocean Green, gifted to me by the lovely Stephanie from The Whimsical Wonky Watercolourist. This ink is so very sparkly - it is gorgeous and no photo can do it justice! It needs to be seen in real life to be properly appreciated. I cut the card into a label/tag shape using a Crea-Nest-Lies XXL Label die and mounted it onto a white tag shape.
I added fibres and lace and some clear gems to the background and finished with a Tim Holtz chit chat word and a butterfly from the Doodle Collection. I placed the tags onto black card. They would be perfect as money wallets or for gift cards. 


Coyoacan                  Doodle Garden            Doodle Collection

      


I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! 
You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Frida Card
CAGI Challenge Summertime 28/07
Jo's Scrapshack #198 AG 28/07
Crafty Friends #62 AG 28/07
Crafty Calendar AG 28/07
Creative Ladybirds Creations #28 AG 31/07
Love To Craft #12 AG 31/07
Paper Craft Happy #3 AG 31/07
Crafting With An Attitude #29 AG 31/07

Tags
A Perfect Time To Craft AG 27/07
Crafty Catz #380 AG 27/07
My Time To Craft #350 In The Garden 28/07
A Bit More Time To Craft #48 AG 28/07
Glitter n Sparkle #249 Summer Sunshine 30/07
Joy Clair AG 31/07
Paper Creator's Crafts #59 AG 31/07
Craft Rocket #39 AG 31/07

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.