Monday 9 September 2019

* Vera Lane Studio: Creepy Cute Halloween



Hello!

It's Monday already and time for my DT post for Vera Lane Studio.

Janet popped a new digital collage set into the shop yesterday and it contains all the favourite creepy cute Halloween characters in two pdf files. 
I made this card:


I simply fussy cut the images, which come in different sizes and colour-ways, and ran a black marker along the cut edges.  I added some white Posca pen highlights and Glossy Accents to the eyes.
The background is Distress Oxides applied to acetate, one colour at a time, and spritzed with water.  This allowed me to control where I  placed the colour on the card. I let each layer of Distress Oxide dry before adding the next and built up the colour until I was happy. I die cut a circle of card and placed it in the sky and blended Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide Ink around the circle to create a moon effect. I added some spots of Stickles to the moon to make it shine.
Some characters are glued directly into the background whilst others are popped on foam to give some dimension.


I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Cardz TV #97 AG 12/09
Crafty Catz #473 AG 13/09
Polkadoodle #36 AG 13/09
Always Fun #127 Create a Scene 15/09
Pammies Inky Pinkies #1936 AG 15/09
Creative Fingers #170 AG 20/09
Crafting With An Attitude #55 AG 29/09
Get Creative #84 AG 30/09
Corrosive Challenges #9 AG 03/10



***

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant design, Carole. I've never tried Distress Oxides on acetate. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card, great images. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative this month for our Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Carole! Your colors are always so jaw-dropping beautiful! Fabulous card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the monsters on your card, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is cool and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty catz this week and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colorful and halloweeny!
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous background and love all the characters
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super scene! Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, wonderfully designed and made.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at CWAA
    Bożena DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your project at The Corrosive Challenge Blog, good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.