Tuesday 1 December 2020

Gecko Galz: Once Upon A Christmas


Hello!

The December customer challenge at Gecko Galz is Once Upon a Christmas. To me this conjures up images of Christmases gone by, so anything old fashioned or vintage is good for this challenge. You can check out the awesome creations made by all the DT on the Gecko Galz blog
We would love for you to join the challenge using  just one or more products from the Gecko Galz Etsy shop.

Here is what I made:


 I used a lovely image from the Cuties at Christmas collage set and papers from the La Boheme Digital Kit. I distress the edges of the papers with scissors and inked them in Vintage Photo. I used a piece of lace trim, a die cut glitter sentiment and made my own die cut flower cluster with added alder pines, gessoed to look like snow, and alcohol ink dyed polystyrene balls for berries. Mica flakes were also added to the foliage and background for some sparkle. I used antique gold card to mat background.



That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Once Upon a Christmas Challenge where the Winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back on the 20th with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Dies R Us #158 Christmas 13/12
ABMTTC Extra Dec 27/12
Love to Craft #53 AG 30/12

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous Christmas card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card using the image of the pretty girl. The lace that you have used to decorate the card is just right for this project and the lovely flower display above the image looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage design. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you join us again.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole! I love everything about this card - the vintage photo, the lace, the layout and the die cut embellishments! This is a wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog for our December "Anything Goes" Christmas Challenge! Take Care!
    Rachelle - DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Carole! I love the vintage look. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Love To Scrap Challenge Blog!
    Irena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.