Monday 20 January 2020

* Path of Positivity: #76 Midway: Toast With Margaret


Hello!

Happy Monday!

Please allow me to welcome my newest follower, Terry Wietsma-Girbes. Thank you so much, Terry, for showing interest in my blog!

I'm back today with a midway post for the Path of Positivity Challenge blog.

This month the theme is #76 Anything Goes with the optional twist of Character Traits.
We are all made up different qualities that come together to make up our overall character. What are your qualities or character traits?

Prizes this month include:
  • $12 gift certificate from Bugaboo Stamps, our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Today I thought I'd make a snarky Margaret card about my 'night owl' traits. I feel at my best in the late evening and this is often when I do my crafting. I could stay up all night, and often have to force myself to go to bed. If I go too early, I just toss and turn until the early hours.
I am definitely NOT a morning person - it takes me quite a while and several black coffees to properly waken up. I am not the sort of person who can jump out of bed either. It is common knowledge among my friends and family not to disturb me in the early morning. If you do disturb me, I'm likely to be a little (or a lot, depending on how early it is) on the grumpy side :) . 
Snarkiness, irony and mild sarcasm are also character traits of mine - of course, if and when I use these, they are tongue-in-cheek comments and are not intended to be rude or cruel!

I think Bugaboo's Margaret says it best here:



Margaret makes me smile! You can find this stamp Margaret Live in a Toaster at the Bugaboo stamp shop. I coloured the image with Copic markers and added some white highlights. I matted it onto purple card, inking the edges of the card with Dusty Concord Distress Oxide. The background is a stamp, inked up with Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord and Wilted Violet Distress Oxides, then spritzed with water and stamped onto white 300gsm card. The edges of the mandala pattern are lightly inked to add a little more colour and then the edges of background card are inked to add a border. The background has Bakers' Twine wrapped around and tied in a small bow and is matted onto purple card. Margaret's image was popped on foam tape for some dimension.

Many thanks to Bugaboo Stamps, this month's guest sponsor,

and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
And we'd also love to hear about your character traits!
The link up is here: Challenge #76 Path of Positivity

 

That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a new Path of Positivity project in February.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo

                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Catz #489 Funny 23/01
Creative Fingers #177 (2/3) AG 24/01
PIP Challenges #2002 AG 26/01
Polkadoodle #3 AG 29/01
A Gem of a Challenge #2 AG 29/01
Classic Design Challenge #1 AG 30/01
Cardz TV #106 (2/3)AG 30/01
Incy Wincy Designs Jan AG 31/01
Dragonfly Dreams AG 31/01
Crafty Friends #127 AG 31/01

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Hi Carole your card is gorgeous I love it. That image is such fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this one IS funny Carole! Gotta love that grumpy Margaret, your colours and design are fabulous, thanks for playing along at Crafty Catz, great that you played the twist!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, this made me laugh! I can be a bit snarky and totally love this with that fun kitty peeking into the scene to see if it's safe to enter! hee hee Great coloring and the background design you created is perfect! Although I'm the opposite at this point in my life with the morning vs eve, I get it! I used to be a night owl. Not sure how that changed, but it did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun image, sentiment, and card! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your card is great! I always love how you use your white pen. I have to remember to do that! It's a wonderful touch! Thanks for sharing your creations with us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card 😊 thanks for joining us at Gem of a Challenge 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a funny card. Thank you for play with us at Gem of a challenge blog. good luck in your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this card is so brilliant! I love it - image, layout and sentiment.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect saying - think I will try that out soon. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card with such a funny sentiment (and so right, haha!). Thanks for playing along at Crafty Friends. Hugs Ela DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.