Monday 27 January 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Girls Want To Have Sun


Hello!

Happy Monday!

For my DT post for Vera Lane Studio this week, I decided to decorate a wooden money box that picked up at a local store. I thought it would be a good idea to start a Holiday Fund and chose my images accordingly!


I painted the money box with white PaperArtsy Fresco chalk paint, then when dry, I brayered some chalk paints onto my gelli plate and stamped the box sides onto the plate to transfer the colour. Next I added some random stencilling using Faded Jeans Distress Oxide. Modelling paste was applied through a different stencil and I did some stamping with Faded Jeans along the edges. Finally some white paint splatters were added. I used gold acrylic paint for the top of the money box.
I coloured my images with Copic markers and fussy cut them. They were glued directly onto the backgrounds and weighed down until they were affixed securely. I used Beach Love (available on request) and Beach Club.  I only managed to complete three sides.


Beach Love                                                 Beach Club
         

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge #2 AG 29/01
Classic Design Challenge #1 AG 30/01
Dragonfly Dreams Jan (4) AG 30/01
Cardz TV #106 (3/3)AG 30/01
613 Avenue Create #229 (6/8) AG 31/01
Jans Digi Stamps #6 (#2/5) AG 02/02
PIP Challenges #2004 AG 02/02
Polkadoodles #4 AG 04/02


***

8 comments:

  1. WOW a great idea and brilliantly decorated love the textured background and fabulous stamps and colouring.Absolutely love it.Thank you for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamps
    Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole I love how you have decorated this money box. I wonder where you are saving up to go to? Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your money box! It just screams summer.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. Thank you for joining Jan's Digi challenge. Hope to see you again next time

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have decorated this beautifully. Such a fab project. Thank you for joining us for our Week 4 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles.

    Why not join our other other challenges at Digi Choosday and A Gem of a Challenge.

    Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute project! Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.