Monday 13 January 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Life Happens Notepad


Hello!

Happy Monday!

I have a second project for Vera Lane Studio today. It is a little notebook cover:



Covering notebooks is one of my favourite projects to do. The completed project makes a lovely little gift.
I bought this kraft covered notepad and pen set on a city break in Glasgow, where I found a lovely little shop, selling all sorts of bits and bobs, called Flying Tiger. I decided not to cover the front of the notepad, as I love the kraft and black look, but I added some hessian ribbon.
The image is from Girls on the Block. I coloured her with Copic markers and added some glitter to her hair and eyelids and some white highlights. She is glued on top of the trim.
The sentiment, from the Top of My Head Collage Sheet, was split into two sections, inked around the edges and adhered to the notepad front.



Girls on the Block                                Top of My Head collage sheet
      

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Use Your Stuff #389 AG Something new18/01
(new notebook and pen)
Dream Valley #216 Something New 18/01
CRAFT Callenge #541 AG 22/01
Get Creative (1/3) #87 Something New 31/01
(new notebook and pen)
A Place to Start Jan 2020 AG/CAS 31/01


***

13 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous notebook cover. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful notebook cover, Carole, love the design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing another wonderful Vera Lane image and another inspiring choice for its use. Your coloring is beautiful, as always and the embellishments are on point! We are so glad you are helping to keep us inspired at A Place To Start. Looking forward to your next entry!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You have been chosen as a Rising Star At A Place To Start for the week of January 6th - 13th. Thanks for supporting our challenge! Please stop by and grab your badge!

    The Resident Designers of A Place to Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Carole! Happy 2020 to you! Your little notebook is adorable! Love the fun image and your gorgeous colouring! You are right... Coffee does help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully decorated cover-love the hessian trim,cute image and great colouring love the sparkly eyeshadow lol.Thank you for joining us at A Place To Start
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks great on that kraft cover. I love it! Great find on your trip.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great job you've done on this notebook, Carole! The original cover makes a perfect background for the fun, quirky image and your bright colours! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great image and colouring thanks for sharing at Craft Challenge c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carole, I love this little girl on your not pad cover. I've not heard of this company so am off to check them out. Lovely colouring and use of the hemp ribbon for texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.