Monday 16 March 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Alice and White Rabbit


Hello!

I hope this Monday finds everyone safe and well. 

It's a new release day at Vera Lane Studio and that time of year when Alice appears everywhere! Janet has created a 3 digi stamp set called Alice and White Rabbit and I have used all 3 digis in my art journal page.

In my scene, Alice has fallen down the rabbit hole and has had time to straighten herself out before the White Rabbit comes rushing by!


I started the page by collaging some book paper, then adding crackle texture paste through a leafy stencil. Once this was dry, I sprinkled PaperArtsy Infusions in Emerald Isle over the page and spritzed with water. I popped a circle mask over the page and added Neocolours in teals and dark greens around the outside.
I highlighted the leaves with Posca Pens in both black and white and added some Inktense Pencil colours to help them stand out a little more. Some stamping with a PaperArtsy flourish stamp along the edges of the page and some paint splatters finish off the background.


Alice and the White Rabbit are coloured with Copic markers and fussy cut. They are glued directly onto the page with some Prills and Gel Medium to ground them, representing the tunnel floor.


The sentiment is part of this digi set. I cut it into strips and inked the edges with black ink. The strips are glued onto the background and I went around the words with a black fine liner.

Alice and White Rabbit

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

All Fun Challenges #4 AG 21/03
A Gem of a Challenge AG 24/03
Color it, Create it, Show it off March AG 29/03
A Bit More Time To Craft Extra March AG 30/03
Your Scrapbook Place March 30/03
Love to Scrap #131 AG 30/03
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #128 AG 04/04
World Wide Open DT Challenge AG 12/04


***

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous journal page. I love those images. STay safe and well. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card with a great bg Carole
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing journal page, you carried so much work but it was worth it because it came out beautiful
    Great thanks for joining us at All Fun Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A marvelous page, Carole. Your background is wonderful and definitely a great looking rabbit hole. Beautifully colored digis too.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this! Thanks for the step by step instructions. Such a fun journal spread. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTSCB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carole this is wonderfully crafted and perfect for our March challenge. Thanks for sharing your creative talent with us. Good luck and please stay safe and healthy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Color It Create It Show It Off Challenge DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.