Monday 23 March 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Home Sweet Home


Hello!

I hope this Monday finds everyone safe and well. If you are self isolating I hope you are finding things to while away the hours and if you are social distancing - keep up the good work! I hope and pray that no-one has contracted the virus. These are scary times. Like many of you, I am keeping busy and crafting when I can.

It's my DT day at Vera Lane Studio and today I have used  my Customised VLS Digi Set. If you send Janet a photo of yourself, she will make a VLS-style girl or boy in your likeness. The set will also include a house, a cloud and a sentiment. 



I made a 4.5 inch square layout and popped it into a frame. I'm going to hang it in my hallway.



I made the background with distress oxides and water on acetate, using various shades of blue and green and smooshing the colour from the acetate onto my card.  I used a stencil to apply some crackle texture paste and splattered some white paint over the background as well as some watered down Distress Oxides. 
I coloured the images with Copic markers and fussy cut them. The house and cloud were adhered directly onto the background whilst myself and my cat were popped on foam pads. I stamped a stone path from the house for us to stand upon. I made my Home Sweet Home sentiment using Vera Lane Studio's Baby Powder Font. The edges of the background are inked with black archival ink.
 Here is a close up:



The brick work was made by Copic colouring the house in solid colour, then using the thick nib end of the blender pen to bleach out some of the colour.


Customised Set              Baby Powder Font
   

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Cardz TV #110 (3/3)AG 26/03
A Perfect Time to Craft #3 AG 27/03
Crafty Sentiments #24 AG 30/03
Classic Design Challenge  AG 28/03
Moving Along With The Times #116 (3/3) Anything, but a card 29/03
Love to Scrap #131 AG 30/03
Crafters Castle #27 (3/3) AG 30/03
A Bit More Tme To Craft #112 AG 30/03
Cafty Cardmakers #253 Spring 05/04
World Wide Open DT Challenge March AG 12/04


***

8 comments:

  1. it's sweet and beautiful Carole

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carole this is super cool. How wonderful to have a digi image of yourself. Stay safe. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done such an amazing job with this image and project. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project! I love the scene you have created and the fun digi. What a cool idea!
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and creative. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of
    luck with your entry.

    Kelly DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogs
    pot.com.au/


    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cool project. Thank you for joining us for the spring challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.