Saturday 20 August 2022

Gecko Galz: Myths & Legends 2


  Hello

We're heading towards the end of August and today is my DT day at Gecko Galz.
Our customer challenge, on the blog, is Myths and Legends and my projects are based on this theme.

The winner of the Customer challenge will get a $25 Gecko Galz Etsy Store voucher and the runner up a $12 voucher. There are plenty of free Gecko Galz images if you don't already own any. Each blog post has a free image to collect and, if you sign up for the monthly newsletter, there is the chance to claim a free collage set each month.  Also if you make any purchase of $2 or more you receive a free image.
We also have the monthly Image Challenge, the monthly Christmas Image Challenge, the monthly Stamp Challenge, a Steampunk challenge and a Gothic Challenge on the blog, as well as 4 Facebook challenges. 
We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

I altered the cover of a hardback notebook. I used the lovely paper from the King Arthur Junk Journal  Kit - I know now that I will use this paper time and time again! 

 

I left the spine of the notebook in the original kraft card.. I decorated the front with an image of Quinevere from the King Arthur Junk Journal  Kit. I matted it onto a scalloped die cut kraft frame and inked around the edges with Vintage Photo. I made a banner wrap from die cuts to wrap around the spine and house the vintage style alpha stickers which read 'notes'.


Here is a close up of the lovely image on the front.


***

I made a notecard with a simple greeting that says 'smile'.


 I used the same lovely paper from the King Arthur Junk Journal  Kit , using kraft card for die cut accents and mats. I had some pretty patterned paper in peach orange that I used as it matched the colours in the image. This gorgeous image is of the Lady of Shalott and she comes from the King Arthur Junk Journal  Kit as well.


***

I also made a triptych booklet, using a 3D embossing folder and Distress Oxide inks to create the stone bases.
The details of this can be found on my previous blogpost here.


The book can be opened and displayed like this:



That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Myths and Legends challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back on the 1st September with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Myths and Legends"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Unicorn Challenge #79 Summertime 30/08
Pennys Challenges #528 AG 30/08
Paper Funday #44 AG/Friendship 04/09
Creative Inspirations Aug AG 06/09
Crafty Gals Corner #234 Lazy Days of Summer 09/09
Creative Fingers #237 AG 10/09

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
*** 

5 comments:

  1. these are fantastic and gorgeous Carole

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! The colours are gorgeous and I love the paper. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So unique and definitely great projects to go with the myths and legends theme. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects Carol. Thanks for sharing at Creative Inspirations Jayne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.