Saturday 31 October 2020

Cat Lovers Hop: Day 5: Cat Fish


 Hello!

This year is the sixth Cat Lovers Hop and it's a crazy week filled with crafting, commenting and celebrating cats of all sizes. There are fabulous sponsors and prizes to be won, but best of all, friendships to be forged with like minded cat lovers from around the world. 
Why don't you come and join us?

I missed Day 4, but here is my card for Day 5:


Today I have used a digi stamp from a set by Vera Lane Studio. The set is called Land and Sea and it features two cats and two sentiments. 
I coloured my cat fish or mer-cat with Copic markers and finished with Polychromo pencils. I added iridescent glitter to the fish scales and fussy cut her out. 
The background was an experiment. I recently bought some glass bead texture paste, so i applied that to the base of the card to represent the sand at the bottom of the ocean - it is strange stuff - the texture is great, but it has a shiny, plastic-like finish. However, when dry, I sprayed over with Antique Linen Distress Oxide spray and sprayed Speckled Egg DO Spray above for the sea. I tilted the card to let the linen run into the blue and that gave a nice effect. I spattered white acrylic ink over the background, then stamped over the sea with some AALL & Create stamps (#34 and #338),  and glued my images in place. I added some greenery and some shells from other Vera Lane Studio sets.
Here is a close up:


Land and Sea

That's all for now!
Pop over to see what the others cat lovers have been up to
click here


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

SUYP #59 01/11 WINNER
SSS Monday Challenge Inspired by Movie (CATS) 02/11
Crafty Catz #525 AG 04/11
Cardz TV #126 AG 05/11
Creative Fingers #196 13/11
Creatalicious Challenges AG with Humour 13/11


I love feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

26 comments:

  1. Carole, I love all your cards, This cat is amazing. Hugs Danka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous card. I love it it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely fun image and great underwater scene you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scene. I've never heard of glass bead texture paste - it made for great sand in this scene. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop... your cat project is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is fin-tastic as well as purr-fect! Your coloring is so paw-some and it's just beautiful. Love Vera Lane images!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty coloring and background! Love the mer-cat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so much to look and love your design too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, what a FURRtastic mer-cat!
    Happy Creating & Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your style is so charming and unique. I love the background and that purr-mazing merkitty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what an adorable page! Your background turned out really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how delightful to find a mermaid cat. :-D I love the card, your coloring, and the end result of your "experimental" background, Carole! It loos just like the ocean floor on a coral reef.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the cutest image and love this cat-mermaid's expression!.. love its little 'shell-bra'! Beautiful colouring and shading. Happy hopping with Cat Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your coloring is just beautiful!!! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing background, and I love your Mercat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing card, with really beautiful background and coloring. This mer-kitty would be a big hit in our house. My girls LOVE cats, and mermaids.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A brilliant scene you have created Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hug Ginny
    SUYP Cats Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous underwater scene for this fun cat fish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's such a fun and quirky image! I adore your underwater scene, Carole! This card just won over at Show us Your Pussycats! Congrats and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This has come together beautifully!
    Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
    Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!
    Stay safe and well.
    Jackie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Carole!!.....
    I LOVE your purr-maid!!! What a fun and quirky image and fabulous underwater scene. The colors and layering are fantastic and your sand looks awesome! I haven't used my Glass Bead Gel in forever...I bet I need to stir some water into it! Great project!

    I am finally approaching the homestretch for commenting on all the projects. :) Thanks so much for joining in the feline frolics at the #2020CatLoversHop!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool card with cool image :)
    Thanks for joining us at Creataliciuos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.