Saturday 3 August 2024

Conjurer of Dreams: Mystical Creatures

  

Hello

Today I'm sharing some projects I made using Conjurer of Dreams images. I hope you'll pop over to the store and take a look at the Digital Art on sale for collage, scrapbooks, journals, cards and more.

The theme this month in the Facebook Group is Mystical Creatures.

Here is what I made:


It's a mini accordion book featuring the beautiful Unicorn Magic set. 
I made a three fold accordion and a folder wallet for the cover. I brayered paint on both sides of the card, then embossed in iridescent glitter powder and white glitter powder. Lots of white paint splatters were added and the edges of the card were inked in black.

I cut an aperture in the front cover and used circle dies to make a narrow circular frame.


Each page has an image, a sentiment (which is a lesson from a unicorn), some silver trim and some gems.
Here is the three fold accordion:


And here is the back side of the accordion:


The following photo is not the best, due to it being a cloudy day, but was taken from above and shows the structure of the booklet.


I made a short video.
I'm not sure why you have to turn your head at 90 degrees to your body to watch it, though :) , and please excuse the pile of old books propping up my ipad.. I need lessons in making videos!


Creative Crafters #78 AG 08/08
Mini Album Mania #6 15/08 TOP PICK
Love to Scrap #168 AG 15/08
Crafty Animals #86 26/08
Creative Creases Challenge #88 15/08. TOP PICK
***

Next, I decided to start a Conjurer of Dreams mini journal where I will place any post cards that I make. 

Here are the first pair, featuring the gorgeous Steampunk Forest Animals set 2:



I used a stencil and Brusho Powders (Turquoise and Lime Green) to create the background with lots of white paint splatters. The images are matted onto Brusho painted card and some die cut wild flower stems were added along with a funky circle die cut. The sentiments are from Idea-ology.


Because I love these images so much, here is a couple of close ups:



And here is what they look like in my journal:


I decided to use repositional tape to adhere them int he journal, that way if I need one to make a quick card they can be removed and popped onto a card base.

Ally's Angels 84 AG 10/08
Love to Craft #81 AG 15/08
Critter Crazy #89 25/08
Craft Rocket Challenges 117 Animals 28/08

Here is the journal I use, it's sturdy and just a nice size:


***

And then I used the Quirky Beast Plaid set to make another two post cards:


Again I used a stencil for the background and used the 'stamping with a stencil' method to apply the Distress Oxide inks to the background. White, green and yellow paint splatters were applied and some black stamping around the edges. I added a die cut grass edge and a flower anlong with a snarky sentiment.


And here they are in my journal:


Pennys Challenges #577 AG 13/08
*Scrapping4fun Challenges #238 AG 29/08 Stand Out Creation, Top 5
 

***

Finally I made some digital pages featuring Tree Troll set:
I have a screen recording of how I make my digital pages here:





That's all for now.

Here are the sets that I used and links to the shop:




Please visit the
Conjurer of Dreams Inspiration Group on Facebook (freebies available)

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Amazing creations Carole! I love them all and am hard pressed to choose a favorite. Lovely job - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowwwwwwwwwww what gorgeous projects, and the images are fabulous Carole...........gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! All are just amazing, I love all the images and quotes. But I'm here for the Steampunk fox, which are beautiful journal pages. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck. I hope to see you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects! Wow, I love all of the incredible work you put into all of them! The lessons from a unicorn is wonderful. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creations. Love them all. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mini-books loaded with mystic and wonder. Thank you for playing with us at Creative Creases. Hope to see you again, soon.
    Rae in Reno

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being picked a Top Entry for Creative Creases Challenge #88! The colors and subject of your entry is beautiful.
    Best wishes,
    Rae in Reno
    Creative Creases Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... it´s so so amazing. Great project.
    Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente challenge!
    Good luck and I hope to see you again.
    Alena DT Mirtillamente

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! The colors are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing your card at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, stunning creations! Great project.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Hugs Rachelle
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
    https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.