Wednesday 14 August 2024

Gecko Galz: Bejewelled Tag


 Hello

Every month over at the Gecko Galz blog we have six monthly free image challenges which an be accessed by the tabs at the top of the main blog page and you are able to download the FREE image there. 

We also have the main blog challenge, posted on the first day of each month), a quarterly challenge. and 4 Facebook challenges.

A new challenge has recently started on the Gecko Galz Facebook Business Page. This is a tag challenge and a new free image is given each month. This month it is a gorgeous, mysterious girl and, as the weather has turned dismal today, I thought I'd have a go with this month's free tag image.

Here is what I made:


I die cut the largest tag, using  kraft card, from the Tim Holtz Sizzix Tag Collection die set. I adhered black mesh trim over the entire tag as this mimics the webbing on the girl's skin. Next I added gold mesh down the centre of the tag. The image was printed, distressed along all edges and 2 die cut, crochet lace edges (Sizzix die) were attached to the sides. I added circle dot trim to the top and bottom edges of the photo then glued on turquoise gems. The whole image piece was adhered on foam for dimension and I added some light taupe, scalloped lace trim below the top and bottom of the raised image. An eyelet was placed over the tag hole and some black mesh threaded through. Three larger gems were randomly added to the background and some Crystal Stickles added to the girl's eyelids, lips and rings.


We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

Here's all the info you need:Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Beauty of the Far East"

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.