Thursday 22 December 2016

Vera Lane Chocolate box sleeve and Wine Tag

Hello!

Just a few more days now to the big day. How are your preparations coming along?  I'll bet there are a lot of you that are finished already. Not me!!! I'm a last-minute-kinda-gal when it comes to Christmas. I'm always nipping out for something else that I've remembered.

Today I'm sharing two projects that are perfect for last minute presents.
I try not to buy chocolates and wine as gifts, but often add them in as extras. These projects will make them just that little bit more special with your personal touch.

The first is a chocolate box sleeve. The chocolates are dark mint thins. One A4 sheet of thick white card will make this, but you can adapt to fit any box shape and size.

  

I measured the sides of my box and added a couple of mm. I scored the card and folded it securing with double sided tape. I cut panels for the four sides and inked them with a blending tool and inks.  Next I stamped with a Marion Emberson stamp called 'Make A Wish' and heat embossed with Snowflake Tinsel.
The girl image is from a Vera Lane Studio set called The Organics. I coloured her with Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut. The sign post and yellow bird are from a set called Birdy and the flying bird is a free digi from the Vera Lane Facebook Group. All images were added on foam pads to one panel of the sleeve.


The next project is a wine bottle tag. And yes, my wine bottle is huge! It will be coming along to my sister's on Christmas Day.



      

The tag is a rectangle of card, scored and folded and with a die-cut circle to pop over the neck of the bottle. Three panels were inked and heat embossed (as above). From the centre section a scalloped circle was die-cut.  
The image is another from Vera Lane Studio; this time from The Fairy House set. She's coloured to match the background and has glossy accent eyes and sparkly glitter wings. She was attached to the tag on foam pads. The sentiment was computer generated, cut into strips and inked before being glued down.

I hope you will pop over to Vera Lane Studio to see the wonderful quirky characters that live there.

These were the three sets that I used:

  
The Organics                                    Birdy                                The Fairy House

Vera Lane Studio Shop: Vera Lane Studio at Etsy
VLS Facebook Group: Join our fabulous closed group here
Vera Lane Blog: Vera LaneStudio



Thanks for stopping by today! 
xoxo

Crafting From The Heart #141 AG 25/12
Through The Craft Room Door AG w/e 27/12
Mod Squad Challenge A Little Bit of Spring 28/12
Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Make it Sparkle28/12
Unicorn Challenge #16 Add Some Glitter 29/12
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends #48 AG 30/12
Great Impressions December AG 31/12
Kraftin Kimmie Wed Challenge AG 04/01
One Stitch At A Time #277 Lots of Sparkle 07/01
The Paper Shelter AG 10/01

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.