Sunday 1 April 2018

Gecko Galz: Garden Bliss

Hello!

April is here!
Here in the north west of England the leaf buds on the trees are bursting into life and the daffodils are waving in the wind, so hopefully the sun will start to warm up a little soon!

At Gecko Galz we have a new customer challenge for April and the theme is Garden Bliss. The lucky winner will get $50 to spend in the shop!

Here is my first card:



For this card I used one of the Garden Botanica papers as a card topper. I just love the two tiny blue tits and the little nest amid the geraniums. I inked the image edges with Vintage Photo and matted it onto black card and placed it onto a background of pretty blue paper from the Taj Mahal paper pack. I added a strip of lace and felt that no further embellishment was needed. The sentiment is from the Journal Toppers Kit - it was inked around the edges and popped on foam pads.


Garden Botanica                          Taj Mahal                          Journal Toppers

     

  Here's my second card:


Here I used an image from the Garden Time collage sheet. There are so many beautiful images on this collage sheet that you'll be spoiled for choice. I inked the edges in black and matted it onto blue card and then black card. The image is popped on foam pads onto a background made from paper from the Taj Mahal paper pack. I added lace across the bottom portion of the background and made three paper flowers with a Heartfelt Creations Majestic Blooms die. I coloured white card for the flowers by dipping it into ink (Peacock Feathers) and water. I added some pearl stamen to the centres and die cut some white foliage to complete the embellishments. I'll add a sentiment when I decide to use this card.


Garden Time                            Taj Mahal

That's all from me for now!

I hope you'll join our 'Garden Bliss' challenge. 

STOP THE PRESS!!!! 
It's just been announced that the Winner will get 
$50 shopping spree 
at the Gecko Galz shop.



The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product ...
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the $1 Wednesday deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a Private Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. Come and join us!

I'll be back on the 12th with more Gecko Galz projects.

Also, just so you know ...


THIS MONTH SAVE ON ALL THINGS FAIRY
This month we are having a half off sale on all things Fairy. Pop over to our Etsy shop and check out all the products.

Here's all the info you need:

***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges: 

Card 1
Deep Ocean #177 Spring 03/04
Creative Moments #139 Spring 3/04
Crafty Creations #363 AG 10/04
A Snowflakes Promise #49 AG 10/04
Inspiration Destination #147 AG 10/04
Crafting With Friends #64 AG 12/04 DT Favourite

Aloha Friday #115 Spring 13/04 WINNER

Simply Papercrafts #56 AG 25/04

Card 2
The Crafty Addicts #46 AG 03/04
Penny's Challenges #373 AG 03/04
4 Crafty Chicks #396 AG 04/04
Southern Girls Challenge Use die cuts 04/04
Crafty Catz #410 AG/Use old stash 05/04
Crafty Friends #80 AG 06/04 (#2)
Crafty Gals Corner #162 AG 10/04


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.