Monday 14 January 2019

* Vera Lane Studio: All Heart


Hello!



Today is my DT day for Vera Lane Studio and I decided to make a Valentine card with the All Heart digi set. This set comes with two black outline digis for you to colour, a pre-coloured digi ready to use for collage or card making and a sentiment.


Here is my card:





I used a gelli print as the base for my background. It was a secondary print with splashes of red and gold and plenty of white space. I cut it to size (12.5 x 12.5 cm) and inked around the edges with Fired Brick Distress Oxide to add a frame element. I then added some stamping along the edges using Black Soot Distress Oxide. Next I added some texture paste through a tiny dots stencil and, when this was dry, I used my finger to spread some Gold Sparkle Medium around the edges of the background and also on top of the texture paste.

I coloured the girl with Copics and gave her some white highlights and glittery eyelids. I fussy cut her and popped her on foam pads, then placed her on top of a strip of washi. The sentiment was cut into strips, edged in Black Soot and adhered to the background. 

I decided to mat my background onto black paper as this made the bright colours pop even more. Once this was completed everything was attached to a blank white card.






I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. 
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Creative Knockouts #280 AG 14/01
Crafty Catz #444 AG 18/01
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends  #97 AG  (#2) 19/01
Dream Valley #193 AG 19/01 TOP 3

Crafting from the Heart #234 AG (#2) 20/01
Crafting by Designs AG  (#3) 25/01
Cafter's Castle #13 AG 01/02 (#2)
Creative Inspirations Jan  (#3) AG 05/02



I am still having trouble with Blogger. 
I'm sorry, but I cannot comment on blogs that only allow Google account users to leave comments. For some reason, if you have comment moderation then I can comment. I have no idea why and any suggestions are most welcome!

***

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning Valentine's Day card I love it. I need to make one of these soon. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous valentine card. That background is amazing and you can't beat a funky Vera Lane image, which is beautifully coloured.

    Thank you for sharing in our first challenge for 2019.

    Lin
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stunning background on your lovely card, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card gives me a Johnny Depp vibe. Love it. Thank you for joining us on the Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck!
    Mike
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.