Monday 6 July 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Diego and Frida


Hello

Happy Monday!

Happy heavenly birthday to Frida Kahlo.
Today is Frida's birthday. She was born on the 6th July, 1907.
At Vera Lane Studio we have a new digital stamp set and it's none other than Frida's artist husband, Diego Rivera.

Here is what I made:



I am so happy that we have a husband for Frida. We have 4 different Frida sets in the Etsy shop and now Diego is here to keep her company.
I coloured my images with Copic markers and fussy cut them. I added them to a brayered paint background, adding some tone on tone stamping with Janet's AALL & Create Background Noise set and some black stamping around the edges. White paint splatters were added and the images adhered to the background, with some torn washi tape grounding Diego. I added a doodle border and a Mexican folk saying sentiment (which means 'the world is a small place') to finish my card.



Diego              Little Frida

        Cocwoyan                      Frida and Friends           Frida Kahlo Collage Set
  



That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers #260 Create Own Background 11/07
A Gem of a Challenge #14 AG 13/07
Cardz TV #118 AG 16/07
Dragonfly Dreams July No patterned Paper 30/07
Angies Digital Stamps #44 AG 31/07
Corrosive Challenges #7 AG 31/07 
613 Avenue Create #235 AG 31/07
Crafters Castle #31 AG 3107 



***

9 comments:

  1. great background and lovely card Carole
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. Those images are fantastic. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Carole! I wish I was more artsy and then I could use these adorable and fun images! Thanks for one more great project and for more isnpiration for our team and our players!

    Thanks for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab creation ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so vibrant! Love your card - thank you for sharing it with us in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers make your own background challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous. great artsy images and wonderful colouring. Sorry I'm late, but still wanted to pop in to thank you for entering your card in the challenge at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.