Monday 27 July 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Sakana


Hello!

Today is my DT day at Vera Lane Studio and I have made a card with the adorable Sakana.

Sakana is an older digi set. There are two, quirky-cute Sakanas: she comes on her own and also with a fish on her head. She has three sentiments and a separate fish. 

Here is my card:


I coloured both Sakanas with Copic markers and made my card with the fish 'hat' Sakana. The background is Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron and Dusty Concord applied directly to card, spritzed and dried. Heat embossing in white with stamp #366 from AALL & Create and tone on tone background stamping with Janet's AALL & Create Background Noise stamp set #338. Sakana is popped on foam tape and is grounded with some strips of card, inked with the same Distress Oxide colours. Black stamping around the edges finishes the background and the Best Fishes sentiment is cut into two and popped onto the background.


Here they both are: 



That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Catz #516 Make it Funny 30/07 TOP 3
Cardz TV #119 AG 30/07
Love to Craft #48 AG 31/07
Love to Scrap #135 AG 31/07
Polkadoodle #30 AG 04/08
All Fun #12 AG 07/08



***

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is just amazing. I love it. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful and background and card Carole
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love this! It really made me smile. Adorable stamps and such a gorgeous background-wonderful colours too! I've just bought some of these stamps and am looking forward to playing with them. Thanks for the inspiration- and thanks for playing along at Crafty Catz.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun!! Love that fabulous background; the colors are so pretty!! And that sentiment is just too fun paired with the girl with the fish on her head! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card looks fab. Great colours.
    I have distress oxide pads but have never had a go at designing my own background!!

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Polkadoodles challnge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. I love your design. Great thanks for joining us at All Fun Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.