Wednesday 1 July 2020

Gecko Galz: Welcome to Wonderland


Hello!

I hope that the start of the new month sees you all safe and well. 

The new month sees the start of a new customer challenge at the Gecko Galz blog. The theme for July is Welcome to Wonderland. We would love for you to join the challenge using one or more products from Gecko Galz.

Here is what I made:


I recycled a sardine tin to make an open sided wagon, where I decoupaged one of the images from the Wonderland collage set. It depicts the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. If you look closely you might see that the main image has 3 layers and then I placed elements such as the cakes, teacup and the 'drink me' bottle at the front of the table - all these are also from the Wonderland collage set. 
The Cheshire cat and the Tea Party sign are icons from the Wonders of Wonderland kit.


The inside and outside of the tin wagon was covered with paper from the Wonders of Wonderland Kit; the rim of the tin was painted with gold acrylic paint. The wheels are bobbins and I found two flat rose beads that I coloured with red alcohol ink to act as hubs. I wanted something to pull the wagon and chose the lovely unicorn from the icons in the kit.


I printed him twice, flipping one of the images so that he is double sided. I glued him together and added some colour with Copic markers. I also added a cocktail stick in-between the two images so that I could give him a stand. I threaded some fine elastic onto two rose beads and used this as a harness, linking it to the wagon with shortened popsicle sticks and a bead.
Here are close ups:


Can you see the unicorns sparkly horn?


Wonders of Wonderland Kit        Wonderland Collage Set
Both sets are on sale at $1 until the end of June - such a fabulous bargain!
 

That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Welcome to Wonderland Challenge where the Winner will get a 
$25 shopping spree 
at the Gecko Galz shop.



The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize
Do come and join us!

I'll be back on the 20th with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

*A Bit More Time to Craft #119 AG 14/07
Creatalicious Challenges #190 AG/Texture 14/07
Classic Design Challenge AG 27/07 DT Favourite

*Love to Craft #48 AG 28/07
*Love to Scrap #135 AG 28/07
A Bit More Time to Craft Extra July AG 30/07

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

7 comments:

  1. fantastic and gorgeous project Carole
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Carole this is an amazing project. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing project Carole!
    This has come together beautifully!
    Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
    Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!
    Jackie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic project Carole, it's so full of fabulous details. I just had to pop over to Gecko Gals for my own Wonderland kit xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft. We hope to see you again.
    ~ DT Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Hester DT




    ReplyDelete
  7. A great project!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional add texture” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Kreativtanten)



    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.