Monday 29 March 2021

*Vera Lane Studio: La Belle Vie

 

Hello

Please let me extend a warm welcome to Fiona Whitehead from Crafty Stamping, my newest follower. I am so pleased you're coming along on my artsy journey!

Monday brings around my DT day for Vera Lane Studio and there is a new digi set in the shop today. It is La Belle Vie and features a lovely girl, with big, bold flower eyes, three different flower designs and two sentiments. I added the chubby bird from Coffee, Tea and Books.


My images were coloured with Copic markers and fussy cut. The background was fist stamped with the Hugely Hexagonal stencil, then heat embossed in white using the Scripted Hexagon stamp. Some extra Distress Oxides were smooshed onto the background along with white paint splatters. I stamped along the edges using Reverse Hexagons and the number stamp from Janet's Background Noise stamp set. 
I tore some of Janets washi tapes and used themaall for grounding my images. Lastly a doodle border was added, along with the two sentiments.
All stamps, stencils and washi tape from AALL & Create.


La Belle Vie                                            Coffee, Tea and Books.

That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!


  

Here's all the info you need:
AALL & Create carry Janet's clear stamp sets. 
A list of stockists can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

NBUS #24 AG 31/03
I only just found your challenge blog, Darnell - I live under a rock!
Dragonfly Dreams March Flowers 31/03
Crafty Catz #544 AG/Dream of Summer 01/04
Scrapping 4 Fun #188 Easter/Spring 01/04 Featured Artist
A Gem of A Challenge #7 AG 08/04
Cardz TV #137 AG 08/04


9 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous card. I love the background you have created for that lovely image. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely embossing on your pretty card, thanks for sharing your work at Crafty Catz challenge Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty, bright card, Carole. Love how you have colored everything in the red and yellow color scheme.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing! Beautiful card, love all the detail!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great image she is with her bright flower eyes! You have truly brought her (and her birdie) to life in that colorful flower garden with your expert coloring, Carole, and I love your background, too! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome project! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge.  Please join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute I love these stamps!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Carole. I like the contrast between the background and the image. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.