Monday 16 May 2022

* Path of Positivity: Friends Journal Page

  

Hello

Welcome to the May (midway) Path of Positivity Challenge.

Our challenge is always Anything Goes with an optional theme.

This month's option is to design a project that focuses on celebrating something special about our friends.

Honours and Prizes include:
  • $6 worth of images from Scribbles Designs, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • A badge for the following honours: Top PickVoter's ChoiceMost InspirationalRandom WinnerDT Delight.

For this post I decided to make a journal page to depict the joy of meeting up with a group of friends for a coffee and a chat. Each friend brings something unique, and often quirky, to the group and we end up having a great time filled with laughter and banter.


I used an ElenaZinskArt collage set for my focal images. The set is called Fun Faces and Doodles. I used the pre-coloured versions, but there are black and white line drawings for you to colour up yourself. I love Elena's quirky, colourful style!
I printed my girls at half size, then fussy cut them leaving a thin white border all around.
I made a background by smooshing white card into puddles of Distress Oxides. I stencilled some white circles using gesso and added lots of tone on tone stamping and some black stamping around the edges.
My girls were popped on foam tape for dimension and I chose a lovely Scribbles sentiment, called Find Warmth, which summarises how I feel about my friends.


The colours on the collage girls are really bright and vibrant. I just added a little extra turquoise to their eyes and some white Posca pen highlights.


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #101 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 
Many thanks to Scribbles Designs for sponsoring the challenge.


I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

PIP Challenges #2220 AG 22/05
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #182 AG 30/05
Your Scrapbook Place May AG 31/05
Ally's Angels #58 AG 07/06
Creative Crafters #52 AG 08/06
Worldwide Open Design Team Challenge #5 AG 12/06 DT Favourite

I'd really love some feedback :)      

I read and appreciate all your comments. 
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. What a great page! If your time spent with friends is half as fun as your page, I'd say it's great fun! Wonderful colors, textures, and verbiage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole
    Fabulous fun images on your card …love the background to ….
    Hugs Sylvie bxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page Carole! Colourful and cheery!

    Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this time around- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project and design. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.