Saturday 20 May 2023

Gecko Galz: Spun Sugar

 

Hello

The May customer challenge over at the Gecko Galz blog is Spun Sugar.

As always, we also have the monthly Image Challenge, the monthly Christmas Image Challenge, the monthly Stamp Challenge, an ATC challenge, a Steampunk challenge and a Gothic Challenge on the blog, as well as 4 Facebook challenges. These can be accessed by the tabs at the top of the main blog page.
And, new for this year, we have a quarterly challenge. This time the challenge is to make an altered canvas.
We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

The winner of the Customer challenge will get a $25 Gecko Galz Etsy Store voucher and the runner up a $12 voucher. There are plenty of free Gecko Galz images if you don't already own any. Each blog post has a free image to collect and, if you sign up for the monthly newsletter, there is the chance to claim a free collage set each month.  Also if you make any purchase of $2 or more you receive a free image.

I made a set of four snarky, retro birthday cards:


I used re-sized Passion Fruit ATCs for the background and fussy cut some of the retro girls from the Retro Home Front Kit . I teamed them with snarky sentiments that were typed and cut into strips. I added a circular die cut sentiment from the Happy Birthday to You sentiment stamp set.
I decided to make a gift of these cards, so I popped the cards and envelopes into a cellophane bag and tied a gingham ribbon around the top


I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

As You Like It Masculine or Feminine 31/05
I prefer to make Feminine projects as most of my supplies are for girls :)
Simply Create Too #190 Ladies First 01/06
Creative Fingers #255 AG 02/06
***
I made a birthday card:


I used one of the images  (ht24) from the High Tea Kit. I fussy cut it and made a smooshed Distress Oxide ink background. I added some stamping around the edges and grounded the image with hand drawn grass. I made a banner sentiment using one of the Happy Birthday to You sentiments, I inked around the edges of the sentiment and added it along the bottom edge.

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge 729 AG 26/05
We Love 2 Create #4 AG MM 27/05
Cardz4galz #199 Backgrounds 31/05
A Place to Start May AG 02/06

***
I made a couple of tags:


I die cut the tags using a Sizzix die. I used Oxide inks and a floral background stamp to make the background then lightly blended ink all over. I added the gold trim and the fussy cut images and finished off with sentiments and organza bows.
The little girl image is from the Retro Girls collage sheet and the retro woman is from Kitchy Cool ATC set. The banner flags and sentiment on the yellow tag are from the Happy Birthday to You sentiment stamp set.

***
Finally I made an ATC:


I love this image from the Cute Clips collage set. The background is brayered PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Paints. I added some black stamping around the edges and tore pieces of washi tape for the image to sit upon. The Live, Love, Bake is a Gecko Galz sentiment.

***
That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Spun Sugar challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month.

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back in June with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Spun Sugar"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

6 comments:

  1. OMG...I love all your May design team samples Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards and tags Carole

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a fun and creative way to create a background, so fun! thank you for joining us at C4Galz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at our Allsorts Birthday Challenge with this sweet card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way you did your sentiment strip on the background card is clever as it blends well with the actual background. Overall I really like the card a lot. Nicely done and thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 galz, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your creations! (The sentiment about weight is too funny!)
    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
    Debbie - C4G DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.