Pages

Thursday, 7 April 2016

Lilac House Mouse


I'm really thrilled to say that this little mouse helped me be in the Top 3 at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge...eeeeeek!!



I've used my one and only house mouse stamp for this card. 

I'm sure to start a collection of House Mouse stamps though, as they are simply adorable! 

House-Mouse have their own challenge blog and I decided to play along.  


The current challenge is a BLOG HOP CHALLENGE, HMFMC# 216 and the theme is to use stencils with a HMD stamp. The design team have loads of inspiration and there are some great prizes on offer.


Here is what I made.


I used a Crafter's Companion stencil called Mini Stick Flowers by Balzer Designs to create the background on white card stock. I applied Memento inks in Danube Blue, Lilac Posies and Rose Bud with a blending tool over the stencil, then inked the edges to make a border. I also blended some inks onto the House-Mouse image background.

The stamp is Scent of Lilac and features tiny Monica mouse. It is coloured with Spectrum Noir markers. It was die cut with an Xcut scalloped square, then trimmed into a rectangle, as I felt there was too much 'white space'. A larger rectangle of white card was also die cut and the image was mounted on foam pads.

I added ribbon along the bottom of the card and glued on some die cut flowers with lilac crystal gems for the centres, along with the sentiment. The whole card was then mounted on black card and attached to the card base.



I'd like to enter this card for these challenges:


Simon Says Stamp Happy 7th Birthday Wednesday Challenge

Digi Choosday Week 14 Anything Goes

Brown Sugar Challenge #192 Anything Goes

xoxo