Monday 16 July 2018

* Vera Lane Studio: Three Kings


Hello!

We're in mid July now. The weather here in the UK has been a bit cooler this last week and we did have a little rain on Thursday night. At the end of this week the schools break up for the summer holidays, so I hope the good weather continues. 
That being said, at Vera Lane this month we have the theme of Christmas in July.  It gives us northern hemisphere folk a chance to feel what Christmas must be like in Australia and New Zealand!

Janet has released a new digi set called Three Kings, and here is the card I made :


I made a Distressed Oxide gelli print for the background, using Mustard Seed for the sand and Wilted Violets and Faded Denim for the night sky. I added some stamping to the sand and the two side edges and inked all around the edges with Black Soot Distress Oxide.
The Kings are coloured with Copic Markers and popped on foam pads. I added some gold Sparkle Medium to the star and cut the sentiment into strips.
I only had 6 x 6 inch card bases, and my gelli plate is 5 x 7 inch, so I had to mat my background - I chose some gold card which adds a little shine.

That's all from me for today.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. 
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Jo's Scrapshack #242 AG 20/07
Kraftin Kimmie #439 Christmas in July 20/07
Aloha Friday #122 Christmas in July 20/07
Crafting from the Heart #215 AG 23/07
Di's Digi Designs Christmas in July 27/07
Crafters Castle #7 Christmas in July (#3) 31/07
We Love 2 Create AG 31/07 
*613 Avenue Create #211 AG 04/08

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.