Friday 1 May 2020

* Gecko Galz: Vintage Botanicals


Hello!

I hope that the start of the new month sees you all safe and well. These are difficult and testing times that we're going through and we must all play our part in staying at home to avoid the spread of the virus.

The new month sees the start of a new customer challenge at the Gecko Galz blog. The theme for May is Vintage Botanicals. We would love for you to join the challenge using one or more products from Gecko Galz.

Here is what I made:



I made a trio of cards and a decorated candle.



The cards feature images from the Botanical Jems collage sheet. I used my own paper in a neutral colour. The design of the cards is very similar, but I used different trims.

I love the beautiful butterfly on this image. The image is inked with Vintage Photo and is matted onto taupe patterned paper from my stash. I used cream textured trim, topped by white embroidered hessian and taupe cotton lace.


The lovely botanical image is atop cream textured trim, topped by  twine ribbon and a light taupe flower lace.


These thistles are on top of cream texture trim, topped with brown cotton lace and cream flower lace.


I love the neutral, calming colour palette on these cards. I also made a co-ordinating decorated candle:



I printed the butterfly image three times in a row onto tissue paper to go around he candle. The colour of the images is quite pale and so I added some colour with Polychromo pencils on the reverse of the tissue paper. The tissue was torn around the images and adhered to the candle with matt medium. I added some twine ribbon to the base and some actual twine these to the top of the image. I also added small bunches of dried natural flowers in-between the images.

Botanical Jems


I hope you'll join our Vintage Botanicals Challenge where the Winner will get a 
$25 shopping spree 
at the Gecko Galz shop.



The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize
Do come and join us!



I'll be back on the 20th with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Cardz TV #113 AG 07/05
World Wide Open DT Challenge May AG 12/05
A Bit More Time To Craft #115 AG 13/05
Crafters Cafe #241 AG 14/05
Creative Fingers #185 AG 14/05
Creatalicious Challenges #186 AG 15/05
A Perfect Time to Craft May AG 27/05
Classic Design Challenge May AG 27/05
Love to Craft #46 AG (1/5) 29/05
Love to Scrap #133 AG (1/5) 29/05

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

9 comments:

  1. I love these neutrals, Carole! The candle is so pretty and a great compliment to the cards.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole your makes are gorgeous. I especially like the candle. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing arrangement of projects here, stunning. I love all. Great work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you have been busy, all your projects are gorgeous, love the colour combo you have used throughout, thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards and candle! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dainty, delicate and beautiful!

    TY for joining us at Love to Scrap!
    ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's May Anything Goes challenge! We appreciate you joining u!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional add sparkle” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Kreativtanten)



    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.