Monday 4 May 2020

* Path of Positivity: Dog Love

Hello!

Happy Monday!
I hope you are staying safe and well.

Today is the start of a new Path of Positivity challenge.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of Furry or Feathered Friends .

**Animals can be such a comfort in our lives - especially at this time when we are isolated from our extended family and friends.** 
This month create a project that honours the furry or feathered friends that surround you.

Prizes this month include:
  • $10 gift certificate from Oddball Art our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Please remember in order to be eligible for the prizes your project must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way. 

I was lucky to receive an image from our guest sponsor, Oddball Art.
I chose the lovely Whimsical Puppy, Maddy Img. 246.
Who doesn't love dogs? I know that I do, even though I have never owned a dog of my own. My sister has always had a dog and many of my friends have dogs too, so I love being around them. I have 'borrowed' dogs for day care and have boarded my sister's dog when she has gone on holiday. They are so loving and eager to please. They are always excited to see you. They're constant companions and love any attention and all manner of games. They are super cuddle-buddies and can always be relied upon to brighten your day.

Here is the card I created:



I coloured the image with Copic markers using dots to give the impression of texture - this is a curly, lamb-like dog! I fussy cut around her and left a thin white border. The background is stamped and heat embossed with white EP.  Distress Oxides, applied directly to the card, provide the colour - I used Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet. I added a little stamping in pink and inked the background edges. I also added some black stamping to the edges. Washi tape grounds my puppy and I cut the sentiment from Scribbles Designs into strips and adhered it to the background. 



Many thanks to Oddball Art, this month's guest sponsor,



and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #80 Path of Positivity.


 

That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a Path of Positivity mid-month project in two weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo

                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Dream Valley Challenges #224 Four Legged Friends 09/05
MMM Challenge #121 Use Digital Stamp 10/05
A Bit More Time To Craft #115 AG 13/05
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #38 AG with Critter 26/05
Angies Digital Stamps #42 AG 30/05
613 Avenue Create  #233 AG 30/05
A Place to Start Custom Background (2/8) 30/05 Rising Star


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. I love that cute doggy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun; such a creative background just perfect for this cutie! Love how you colored your pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You doggie is so adorable. I love dogs too!
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, great background. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our" Make your own background" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet image great colouring x Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dog is so adorable no matter how rugged he looks. He's so precious holding that biscuit. The washi tape pattern is a perfect addition to ground him. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve the cute image and beautifully coloured-fabulous background
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at A Place To Start
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable .. Love this image, colour scheme and overall design. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Angie's Digital Stamps Challenge, 613 Avenue Create and A Place to Start. AJ DT Angie's Digital Stamps, 613, APTS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, Thanks for sharing it with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.