Monday 25 May 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Fragile


Hello!

Today at Vera Lane Studio we have a new digi set release.  It is a charming set called Fragile.


I teamed Fragile with the dog from February. I coloured the images with Copic markers and added some white highlights. The background was heat embossed with an AALL & Create background stamp and white powder, then Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Broken China and Chipped Sapphire were swiped directly over the card.  I spritzed the background with water to bleach out some of the colour and added some white circle stamping and some Broken China stamped script.  The edges of the background were inked with Chipped Sapphire.
I dyed a lolly stick with Chipped Sapphire ink and added some white heat embossing - this acts as grounding for the images. The images are popped on foam tape for dimension.  The sentiment was cut into strips, inked around the edges and glued directly onto the background.


Fragile                      February
  

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Catz #507 AG 28/06
Crafting Happiness #50 AG 30/05
Crafters Castle May AG 01/06
A Gem of a Challenge #11 AG 02/06
Polkadoodle #21 AG 072//2/06
Corrosive Challenges #5 AG 03/06
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #132 AG 06/06
Creative Cafters  #28 AG 08/06


***

13 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. I do love those images and your backgrounds are amazing. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love these images and the way you colour them, but your background is just wonderful.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently become a Vera Lane fan which led me to your stunning blog! Your colouring is amazing and I look forward to seeing new projects every day. Thank you for the inspiration!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cute stamp Carole and wonderful bright colouring,love the background..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see you projects, I say "i wish I were that talented". Just love this! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO fun! I love the background you created! Thanks for joining us at Crafter's Castle! I hope you join us again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole, another stunning creative design, love all the background elements and the ice cream stick that is grounding the characters, thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw.. Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card. I LOVE this fun cute card and scene. The images are just too cute. I love them. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! Your background is amazing as always and the focal images so beautifully done. Great idea to use the lolly stick.
    I am looking for your pencil coloring here. Hope you get to try them out sometime.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous make! Thanks for joining us for Week 11 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant!!

    Lovely card, thank you so much for joining us over on the Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

    Stay Crafty!

    HandmadeByTasha Polkadoodles DT
    www.handmadebytasha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning card .Great design and superb background Thank you for joining us at A GEM OF A CHALLENGE ,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.