Monday 15 June 2020

* Path of Positivity: Crazy Cat


Hello!

Happy Monday!
I hope you are staying safe and well.

Today is the start of a new Path of Positivity challenge.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of Success.

Prizes this month include:
  • $10 gift certificate from Ike's Art our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Please remember in order to be eligible for the prizes your project must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way. 

I was lucky to receive an image and quote from our ongoing sponsor, Scribbles Designs:



Sometimes we get a good idea into our heads and it just won't leave us alone until we act upon it. This is what my sentiment is saying to me. Often, on impulse, we embark on a new venture without really having much idea about what it really entails. The fabulous cat image is called Nimble Puss and this reminds me of the time about eight months ago when I had this crazy idea that I could manage a zumba class. I was going to the gym at the time and was regularly doing pilates and yoga, but I wanted some high impact, calorie and fat burning exercise, and zumba sounded perfect! It was dancing to great music ... I had done it before (a long time ago!) - what could be better? Well, let's just say, my bouncing up and down days are probably over! I was constantly going the wrong way, was hot and very sweaty and gasping for breath. At the end of the hour I looked like I had just walked out of the shower! However, crazy little me succeeded in staying for the whole session and did attempt it again the following week :)
Now onto my card - the lovely puss was coloured with Copic markers and fussy cut to leave a thin, white border. He is popped on foam pads onto a background made by brayering 3 colours of PaperArtsy Fresco Acrylic paints (Aquamarine, Slimed and Inky Pool) onto card. The paints are stamped (AALL & Create # 304 and #350) over with Versafine Clair Warm Breeze and Brilliance Moonlight White, and the edges are inked in black.
The sentiment was cut with a tag die, threaded with baker's twine and also popped on pads.



Many thanks to Ike's Art, this month's guest sponsor,



and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #81 Path of Positivity.


 

That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a Path of Positivity mid-month project in two weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo

                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

2 Crafty Critter Crazies #39 AG 26/06
Incy Wincy Designs Fur Babies/Pets 04/07 TOP 3
SUYP #55 AG 07/07
Creative Crafters #29 AG 08/07
Not Just Cards AG 10/07
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge 12/07 DT Favourite
Scribbles Designs Challenge #90 Flip A Coin 14/07 TOP 3
(Tails - layers,  Heads - Rectangle, Heads - tutorial, Tails - Ribbon, Heads - paints, stencils)

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. That kitty is so cute and looks so happy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful background and such a fun fat kitty :-) Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-)
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable image and a fabulous background! I love the colors, and that sentiment is just awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your Zumba story...and that card is the "purr"fect reminder! ;) Your backgrounds are always so amazing; I sit and look at them and wonder how your creative mind works! So much to see and yet so cohesive! So happy you are on our team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, I just love your background! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I love this one! Such a super cool background you created and that cat and sentiment works so well together. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at SCRIBBLES DESIGN. Best of luck! Nick DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your story connects to the card Carole. Great choice in using Nimble Puss and that background is amazing!

    Thanks so much for entering your creation into our Customer Gallery over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw.

    ☺Lisa D.
    Strategic Content Developer and Blog Coordinator for The Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog!
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!
    Owner & Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Path of Positivity – My other challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.