Monday 22 June 2020

* Vera Lane Studio: Fairytale Ending


Hello!

For my DT day at Vera Lane Studio I recycled a coffee tin to make a pencil holder using the Fairytale Ending digi set.

Here is the decorated strip of watercolour paper that I attached around the tin:

 

I love how the little princess is curtsying :)
I brayered PaperArtsy Fresco paints onto the smooth watercolour paper, then stamped some grass from Janet's "All Good Things" stamp set (AALL & Create #296).
The Fairytale Ending images were coloured with Copic markers, fussy cut and adhered to the background. The sentiment was cut into strips, adhered and doodled around with a black fine line pen.
White paint splatters were added as a finishing touch.

  

The paper was adhered to the tin using double sided red tape.

The castle and the knight on horseback would make a super boy's card:


The sentiment I chose makes me smile! 
The second sentiment in the set reads, "Sometimes you have to make your own darn fairytale".



Fairytale Ending


That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane.
It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

My Time to Craft #434 Summertime 25/06
Classic Design Challenge AG 27/06
Angie's Digital Stamps #43 Summertime 27/06
All Fun Challenges #9 AG 27/06
A Gem of a Challenge #13 AG 30/06
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #134 AG 05/07
613 Avenue Create #234 AG 07/07 TOP ROCKER




***

14 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is stunning. I love the scene you have created for your pencil tin. It must look aamzing on your desk. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Carole! That is absolutely fantastic! I love EVERYTHING about it, and dthat it makes me laugh too! lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the decorated tin great colourful scene and cute stamps
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous decorated tin Carole and I love the scene you created with the cute fun images and wonderful colouring..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how she is curtsying too.This is too precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely way to decorate a tin and make it into a pencil holder. Cute images coloured beautifully and the lovely background that you have made into a scene for behind the images looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely project. That sentiment is great. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello again, Carole! This is another gorgeous project - the fairy tale scene is so cute! Thanks for joining in again at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it..Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing coloring, a lot of work to give all these details. I love your card.
    Thank you for joining us at All Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How amazing is this and a very practical application! You are so very creative and so talented! Thanks for inspiring us all here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been chosen as a TOP ROCKER for the week of June 21 - 27, 2020 at 613 Avenue Create! Thanks for your awesome submission and for your support! Please stop by our blog and grab your Top Rocker Badge!
    THE RESIDENT DESIGNERS
    613 AVENUE CREATE CHALLENGE BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.