Thursday 24 September 2020

* AALL & Create: Iris


 Hello!

For my AALL & Create guest DT spot this week I have made 3 cards.

I used the beautiful #333 Iris stamp along with one of the new hexagon stamps, #383 Scripted Hexagons, and the #112 Heapza Hexagons stencil and, of course,  some little peeps from stamps #354 and #360.

Here is my process:

1.  I sprayed Distress Oxide (Antique Linen and Speckled Egg) inks through the #112 Heapza Hexagonal stencil.
2. I used the back of the stencil to stamp the surplus ink on a second piece of card.
3. Stamping with #383 Scripted Hexagons in Scattered Straw and Speckled Egg.

4. Stamp the #333 Iris stamp in black (Nocturn).
5. Stamp the #333 Iris words in grey (Morning Mist) to create borders.
6. Smoosh Distress Oxides onto spare card and stamp iris flower heads and hexagons.

7. Trace some of the hexagons from Heapza Hexagons onto card and cut out.
8. Fussy cut the irises and hexagons.
9. Stamp little peeps from #354 and #360, colour with Copics and pencils and fussy cut.

The parts were assembled, the little people were grounded by some of the new AALL & Create washi tape - I chose #6 which has a selection of bold, inspiring words. The cards were matted onto black card and then onto blank white cards. 
Here are each of the cards:


I love the way the washi tape blends so easily into the background.
***


 This one uses the reverse of the inked stencil stamp the background, so no ink goes to waste.
***


I was going to throw this background away as I moved the block slightly when stamping the iris image and the writing is blurred. However, I carried on and by the time the little girl and her rabbit were adhered, it didn't look too bad.
***

Here are close ups:


 This one with the blue iris, I think, is my favourite out of the three:


Stamps:
#333 Iris Tracy Evans
#354 Bunny & Bunnies Janet Klein
#360 Wish Janet Klein
#383 Scripted Hexagons Bipasha BK
Stencil:
#112 Heapza Hexagons
Washi Tape:
#6 Autour de Mwa

To see the stamps, stencils and dies used, please visit 

You'll find lots of inspiration on the 

That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:
A Perfect Time To Craft AG Sept 27/09
Classic Design Challenge AG Sept 28/09
A Bit More Time To Craft #124 AG 30/09
Lets Craft and Create #163 AG 01/10
Lavinia World Challenges #36 AG 07/10
As You Like It Brights or Pastels 08/10 WINNER
It all depends on the image, the occasion and my mood. Here I chose muted pastels in yellows and blues as I wanted to create a dreamy, serene mood.



***

17 comments:

  1. Hi Carole your cards are gorgeous. I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Carole. The background on each card is really lovely and the images are coloured beautifully. Thank you for showing and explaining how you created these

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous backgrounds and very beautiful card Carole
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABulous cards Carole, I LOVE your hexagons all cut up and the Iris is beautiful, great backgrounds, love the colours and your little girl makes me smile..so quirky and cute..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful set of cards, Carole. I love the quirky designs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Beautiful! How are you? I see you're still creating super cute stuff! Guess what?....Dragonfly Journeys is back in action! Stop by and see me when you have a minute.

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  8. just amazing and beautiful
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Hester DT




    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable thanks for sharing how you created these...love your stencils! Thanks for joining us at Lavinia World - Charlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how "grungy" this looks- great job using the stencils. Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges. Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carole, Wow, i love this. So much fun! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely project, thank you for sharing it with us at Lavinia World Challenge https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/

    Ania DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE all your cards. Thanks so much for sharing the process. I love the muted colors you have chosen, but, I can certainly see these quirky little girls in bright colors too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the background that you created on your cards! It is really pretty and that Iris stamp is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fabulous!! I love your gorgeous backgrounds and those beautiful iris images! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.