Tuesday 1 September 2020

* Gecko Galz: Autumn Calling


Hello!

It's that time of year when here in the NW of England we can feel a nip in the air. The leaves are just beginning to turn on some of the trees and the warmth of summer seems a bit of a distant memory. We are already noticing that the nights are drawing in, and it's time to put the heating on low.

The August customer challenge at Gecko Galz is Autumn Calling. You can check out the awesome creations made by the DT on the Gecko Galz blog
We would love for you to join the challenge using one or more products from the Gecko Galz Etsy shop.

Here is what I made:



To be honest, August ran away with me - I actually feel as if we should have another week of August at least! That being said, I was kind of last minute making my DT project for today. I decided to make a card, as I have not made paper flowers for a while, and I fancied doing a dimensional card.
There are new Fall products available in the Gecko Galz Etsy shop right now. I used some of them for my card. The paper is from the  Autumn Calling Kit and the beautiful image is from a collage set called Autumn Splendour.
I printed out the paper and image, cut it and inked the edges. I added some gold mesh trim under the image and popped it on foam tape onto the paper background. I mounted it on to black card.
I made four paper flowers using the orange paper from the Autumn Calling Kit, a die, a ball toll for shaping, Distress Oxide ink in Ripe Persimmon for extra colouring on the petal edges and some amber coloured gems. I also die cut some leaves from kraft card. I arranged the flowers and leaves with some dried gypsophila.
Finally I coloured the chipboard "Love" piece with Distress Oxide and clear embossed it to give a glossy finish.



Autumn Calling Kit                       Autumn Splendour  
   
   
That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Autumn Calling where the Winner will get a 
$25 shopping spree 
at the Gecko Galz shop.



The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize
Do come and join us!



I'll be back on the 20th with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Pammies Ink Pinkies #2035 Orange 06/09
A Bit Moret Tme to Craft #123 AG 13/09
Creatalicious #194 AG 13/09
*Crafters Cafe AG 14/09
Happy Craft Challenge AG (3/3) 14/09
A Perfect Time to Craft AG Sept 27/09
Classic Design Challenge AG Sept 27/09
Love to Scrap 137 AG 30/09


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning card, such beautiful autumn colours and such a pretty girl, I love this.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole, love the design of your card, the colours are glorious and give that real feel of Autum is approachin. We waiting on the glorious Spring weather here in Australia to warm things up. Thanks for sharing your stunning card here at the Happy Craft Challenge. Design Team Member Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card with all the layers. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty setting! Thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Cafe.
    Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Autumn card
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Hester DT



    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.