Saturday 12 June 2021

* AALL & Create: Choose to Shine

 

Hello!

For this week's Guest DT project for AALL & Create I made a card. I used products from four designers and made a simple watercolour background with Copic coloured focal images.

Bunny and Bunnies, #354, is one of my favourite Janet Klein stamp sets. I think she goes perfectly with Tracy's hollyhock flowers, from the #451 In The Bucket set, as her backdrop.  


The beautiful sentiment 'seek the road to happiness' is from Bipasha's set #457 Background Voices and the tiny diamonds are Autour de Mwa's #484 Reverse Diamonds.

How it came together:

1. Firstly I masked along the edges of a piece of 4.5 by 6.5 inch watercolour card.

2. I stamped the Lotza Diamonds stencil with Distress Oxides, then stamped the two hollyhock flowers in grey Versafine Claire. I stamped the 'find the road to happiness' sentiment from Background Voices and some Reverse Diamonds in black along the edges of the panel.

3. I used a water brush to bleach out a little of the colour from the leaves of the flower. I then used Oxides to colour the hollyhock. I added some white and yellow Posca paint pen dots to the flower centres.

4. White splatters were added over the background.


5. I stamped Bunny & Bunnies in Memento ink so that I could use alcohol markers to colour them.


6. I coloured with Copics and fussy cut, then popped Bunny and one of her bunnies on foam tape.

7. I doodled a border around the panel and added some inky splashes in two diagonal corners.

8. I stamped one of the sentiments from set #451 onto black card and heat embossed in white. This was trimmed and added to the card on foam tape.

9. I matted the card onto black card and adhered to a 5 x 7 inch card blank.


Stamps Used:
#354 Bunny & Bunnies
#451 In the Bucket
#457 Background Voices
#484 Reverse Diamonds
Stencil: #124 Lotza Diamonds

To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.

You'll find lots of inspiration on the 

This is me and Casey - a personalised digital stamp from Janet Klein. 
Order yours here.

That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Crafty Catz #555 Make a Scene 17/06
Creative Fingers #210 AG 24/06
Angies Digital Stamps #53 AG 26.06
Crafters Castle #42 AG 30/06 WINNER
Corrosive Challenge June AG 30/06 
Through the Purple Haze #181 AG 01/07
613 Avenue Create #6 AG 02/07 TOP ROCKER



10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous background for Bunny and her little friend.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole your card is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Carole, the background with all its details and textured look and the wonderful colours and fabulous and I love the little girl and her bunny, so adorable..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Carole, so good to see it again..made me see thing I didn't see before..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Your work is always fabulous! Thanks for another fun and creative submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute - loving the quirky image. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous background love all the stamps and stencils and doodled edges.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and hope you will join us again
    Carol DT x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card, Carole! I love all the detail you have added here. Cute focal image.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the background you created too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's so cute! Love it! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.