It's my GDT day at AALL & Create and I have a mixed media page to share.
This week I enjoyed revisiting some older stamps for my background. One of my favourite things to do is to combine AALL & Create stamps from different designers. I had great fun making this sewing themed page.
I love how the background colours turned out. I wasn't happy with my initial colour choices (Fossilised Amber and Picked Raspberry), so I added some Frayed Burlap and then inked over in Peacock Feathers. It made a beautiful grungy background and the white embossing pops against this dark colour..
I added water to the Lotza Diamonds stencil and held it over the background. The bleached out diamonds are subtle, but add a lot of texture.
The machine stitching adds more texture and fits the sewing theme. I really like the two contrasting fonts and the vintage style background with the cute, and quirky Material Girl.
The background has an air of luminosity.
How it came together:
1. I heat embossed parts of the stamps from Sewing Forever and Heartfelt into a collage and heat embossed in white.
2. I smooshed the card into various Distress Oxides.
3. I blended Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide over the colours.
4. I spritzed the stencil with water and held it over the inks to bleach out some of the colour.
5. I stitched around the edges of the background and added Reverse Diamonds in black along the edge of the background.
6. The words 'Weird and Wonderful' from the Sewing Forever stamp set were stamped in black, cut out, inked around the edges and adhered over the background.
7. I decided to mat the piece onto a second piece of card, so I inked the edges and bleached out some colour with the Diamond stencil.
8. I machine stitched around the edges.
9. I stamped images in Memento ink so that I could colour with Copic markers.
In the end I didn't use the cotton bobbin.
#396 Sewing Forever
#382 Material Girl
#484 Reverse Diamonds
Stencil #124 Lotza Diamonds
To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.
You'll find lots of inspiration on the
Order yours here.
That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
* A Perfect Time to Craft 27/06
* Classic Design Challenge #6 AG 27/06
* Aud Sentiments #277 AG With Sentiments 28/06
* Corrosive Challenge June AG 30/06
* Crafty Catz #557 AG 01/07
* 613 Avenue Create #6 AG 02/07 TOP ROCKER
Creative Fingers #211 AG 10./07