This week for my GDT project for AALL & Create, I made a trio of ATCs and mounted them onto card.
I really love these quirky characters designed by Tracy Evans. I stamped them onto watercolour card and coloured with a mixture of watercolours and Inktense pencils.
The sunshiny backgrounds contain lots of triangles, both in stamp and stencil form. i used Bipasha's 'Fasteners' washi tape to ground my characters.
Here is each ATC in close up:
The friendly bear from Tracy's 'Quirky Friends' is holding his glossy heart and offering it in the name of friendship.
The doggie is happy. He's not sure how his umbrella handle became so wonky, but he likes it that way :)
And lastly, the little mouse with a tiny birdie on his head, is giving away a beautiful flower.
How it came together;
1. I started by cutting the card into 3 x 2.5 inch pieces and I randomly heat embossed the Lined Triangles in white. Once dry, the cards were then smooshed, dipped and dabbed in Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxides. I liked the variations in colour that I got from this one ink pad, so I decided to stop there.
2. I applied some Heavy Structure gel through the Lotza Triangles stencil, making sure to use only the smaller triangles. As the gel dried it picked up the colours from the background and became translucent. I added some tone on tone stamping in Crackling Campfire and in black around the edges using the Reverse Triangles. At this stage the backgrounds looked quite horrible!
3. I stamped the focal images onto watercolour card and coloured them. I fussy cut them and went around the edge with a black marker to finish them off.
#376 Reverse Triangles
#459 Lined Triangles
#466 Quirky Friends
#483 Happy Dog
Stencil: #105 Lotza Trianglz
Washi: #13 Fasteners
To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.
You'll find lots of inspiration on the
Order yours here.
That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
* Crafty Catz #554 AG 10/06
* Creative Fingers #209 AG 10/06
Three Room Studio #39 Tic Tac Toe 11/06
Top Row - Any medium colouring/multiple sentiments/Heat Embossing
* Angies Digital Stamps #53 AG 26.06
* Crafters Castle #42 AG 30/06
* Corrosive Challenge June AG 30/06
* Through the Purple Haze #181 AG 01/07
* 613 Avenue Create #6 AG 02/07 TOP ROCKER