Saturday 5 June 2021

AALL & Create: The Three Amigos ATCs

 

Hello

This week for my GDT project for AALL & Create, I made a trio of ATCs and mounted them onto card.


I really love these quirky characters designed by Tracy Evans. I stamped them onto watercolour card and coloured with a mixture of watercolours and Inktense pencils.
The sunshiny backgrounds contain lots of triangles, both in stamp and stencil form. i used Bipasha's 'Fasteners' washi tape to ground my characters.
Here is each ATC in close up:
 
The friendly bear from Tracy's 'Quirky Friends' is holding his glossy heart and offering it in the name of friendship.

The doggie is happy. He's not sure how his umbrella handle became so wonky, but he likes it that way :) 

And lastly, the little mouse with a tiny birdie on his head,  is giving away a beautiful flower.

How it came together;

1. I started by cutting the card into 3 x 2.5 inch pieces and I randomly heat embossed the Lined Triangles in white. Once dry, the cards were then smooshed, dipped and dabbed in Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxides. I liked the variations in colour that I got from this one ink pad, so I decided to stop there.
 
2.  I applied some Heavy Structure gel through the Lotza Triangles stencil, making sure to use only the smaller triangles. As the gel dried it picked up the colours from the background and became translucent. I added some tone on tone stamping in Crackling Campfire and in black around the edges using the Reverse Triangles. At this stage the backgrounds looked quite horrible!

3. I stamped the focal images onto watercolour card and coloured them. I fussy cut them and went around the edge with a black marker to finish them off.

Stamps Used:
#376 Reverse Triangles
#459 Lined Triangles
#466 Quirky Friends
#483 Happy Dog
Stencil: #105 Lotza Trianglz
Washi: #13 Fasteners

To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.

You'll find lots of inspiration on the 

This is me and Casey - a personalised digital stamp from Janet Klein. 
Order yours here.

That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Crafty Catz #554 AG 10/06
Creative Fingers #209 AG 10/06
Three Room Studio #39 Tic Tac Toe  11/06
Top Row -  Any medium colouring/multiple sentiments/Heat Embossing
Angies Digital Stamps #53 AG 26.06
Crafters Castle #42 AG 30/06
Corrosive Challenge June AG 30/06
Through the Purple Haze #181 AG 01/07
613 Avenue Create #6 AG 02/07 TOP ROCKER





13 comments:

  1. Hi Carol your ATCs are gorgeous I love them all. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these ATCs, such pretty backgrounds and quirky images.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve your ATCs. GORgeous backgrounds and the sweetest of images.
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
    Chrissyxx
    Wow! What a FABulous personalized image....LOve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely fantastic ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love the colors, the characters and the overall composition of the project! Thanks for a delightful submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous ATCs and backgrounds-love the quirky characters.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and hope you will join us again
    Carol DT x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this! You are a wonderful mixed media genius! This project makes me so happy. I think you should frame it and hang it on the wall. Thank you for joining Three Room Studio Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You have been chosen as a TOP ROCKER at 613 Avenue Create! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge. Thanks for your support!

    613 Avenue Create Resident Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow, this is truly fantastic. Great work here.
    Thank you for entering your lovely project into Classic Design Challenge. Good luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG that is so cute!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about these ATC's are gorgeous. Thank you for joining the challenge at Angie's Digital Stamps Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.