Saturday 19 June 2021

* AALL & Create: Smile Minibook


Hello

For my GDT post for AALL & Create this week, I made a mini book incorporating some of the things that make me smile. I have had a really tough week and a half and so in my little book, I acknowledge that we have our sad days, but that the memory of these days fade with time.

Here is the front cover featuring Caterday:

And this is the back cover with The Gardener:

Lil Love and Coffee Time make the first inside pages:

And Choose Happy and Curly Girl take up the second inside pages:

The background was made by heat embossing 4 x 4 inch card with the two sets of hexagon stamps. I then smooshed the card through puddles of Distress Oxide with water.

Next I added some tone on tone stamping to each piece of card using the Versafine Verdant ink.Black stamping using the same hexagon stamps was added around the edges of each card.
To finish the backgrounds, I added white paint splatters with a fan brush and inked along the edges in black with a blending brush. I did end up adding more black stamping to the edges for better definition.

The images were coloured using Copic markers. Each was fussy cut and grounded on a piece of #6 Crafty Washi tape with bold inspirational words in white on black. The sentiments from each set were stamped and cut into strips and I also added words from Heart Grunge, Happy Dog and Hexagonal Tiles.

Stamps Used (In numeric order):
#208 Hexagonal Tiles
#374 Reverse Hexagons
#383 Scripted Hexagons
#17 Coffee Time
#424 The Gardener
#453 Heat Grunge
#477 Saturday
#478 Choose Happy
#480 Curly Girl
#481 Lil Love
#483 Happy Dog
#Washi #6 

To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.

You'll find lots of inspiration on the 

This is me and Casey - a personalised digital stamp from Janet Klein. 
Order yours here.

That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Crafty Catz #556 AG 24/06
Creative Fingers #210 AG 24/06
Angies Digital Stamps #53 AG 26.06
Classic Design Challenge #6 AG 27/06
Aud Sentiments #277 AG With Sentiments 28/06
Crafters Castle #42 AG 30/06 
Corrosive Challenge June AG 30/06 
Through the Purple Haze #181 AG 01/07
613 Avenue Create #6 AG 02/07 TOP ROCKER


8 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous mini book I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole, your mini book is very lovely.
    I am sorry to read that you have been having a rough time. I hope it will soothe. Sending you Hugs.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole this is stunning ti really is, such a fabulous creation. So glad you have shared with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous mini book!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is an amazing book. Love everything about it.Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this book is stunning! I love all the layers you added to the background too. Your personal stamp is stunning!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Keep crafting!
    Lj xx
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, you were selected as a Top Rocker for Week 3 at 613 Avenue Create! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome project with us!

    THE RESIDENT DESIGN TEAM @ 613 AVENUE CREATE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.